Raiders re-sign Dobson

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

Re: Raiders re-sign Dobson...

Post by GeoffN »

highland convert posted:
Wher would you play him. No position available unless you are downloading Barrett. both control in midfield. Too many chiefs outplaying the indians me thinks. HC
At scrum-half, alongside Barrett. Our kicking game alone would be excellent with those two.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
The answer is simple, he wants to play international and origin football, both of which he will not accomplish if he returns over here, hence the reason most aussie "stars" come over here when they retire from the international scene or realise they wont make it.

I think the only way you see him return before the 30ish bracket is if he doesn't seem to have a chance of playing for oz
But the Australian game has so much depth of talent compared to the British game.

There have been many countless, extremely high quality players, that any GB coach would have given his right arm for in a test series, that have never played for Australian never mind only very infrequently!

The odds of Mark Dobson playing internationally for an average Raiders side, does not enhance his propsects.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

But the odds of him playing for them if he came here are zero, so anything is better than that. I totally agree with you in the sense that he prob wont make the oz team on a regualr basis however, he will believe he can and he wont give up on that dream easy.

p.s his name is micheal
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Agreed, the Aussies have a history of ignoring players out of the NRL competition, I suppose it depends on Mick Dobson's career priorities really.

Financial security or Test action.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

He is a young fellow, so i think he's gonna give it at least till 25 before he reasseses any goals, i suppose it depends on how their internation squad pans out but as you have pointed out they have such depth of talent especially at half back he is going have to work really hard to get a sniff at international.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure