Morley GB Captain

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Morley GB Captain

Post by cpwigan »

:( If Tony Smith wants to give new players an opportunity, fine BUT surely it makes more sense to retain the normal GB Captain (Peacock) or is Smith thinking re Leeds and giving him a rest. :roll:

Morley is in very poor form, a disciplinary risk. Odd
GeoffN

Re: Morley GB Captain

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
:( If Tony Smith wants to give new players an opportunity, fine BUT surely it makes more sense to retain the normal GB Captain (Peacock) or is Smith thinking re Leeds and giving him a rest. :roll:

Morley is in very poor form, a disciplinary risk. Odd
He's already said he's going to rest Peacock, Fielden & Sculthorpe, and probably some others too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 737633.stm

"A few players who have played back-to-back rugby for the last few seasons will be missing from the squad," said Smith.

"The likes of Stuart Fielden, Paul Sculthorpe and Jamie Peacock will all sit out the game so they can recharge their batteries and be ready for this autumn's Test series against New Zealand. "
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

if he had any brains he would play the likes of sculthorpe to help them in the title race.........
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

if he had any sense, he'd select a captain who is more than likely going to be on the field for more than 40 minutes. morley is a liability, i say play o'loguhlni and give him captaincy! :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

If he's chosen his captain thinking he will lead by example then there are going to be a lot of players tackling with their faces.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: After today I cannot believe the over hype some players have been receiving. Those Huddersfield players were dreadful and yet they are touted as GB players. :o
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
:conf: After today I cannot believe the over hype some players have been receiving. Those Huddersfield players were dreadful and yet they are touted as GB players. :o
I think it's fair enough to be looking at a GB "reserve team" against what will be, effectively, the Dragons without Jones.

We need to be looking now at replacing the likes of Cunningham, Newton, Sculthorpe, Senior, who are all getting on a bit, as well as assessing some of the potential replacements for Long, Harris & Carney, who've all retired.