How can stains afford there team????

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shawcross da warrior

Re: How can stains afford ...

Post by shawcross da warrior »

you could get 4 longs salarys for the one farrell used to have thats how they do it they dont pay massive amounts like we do in wages.......

would rather have 1 farrell but thats how they do it....
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

How would two years on 20k and a third at a gross overpaid amount. say a 50k signing on fee at the beginning of the third. It really boosts the first two to 45k but the books still show the right ballance. HC
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shawcross da warrior posted:
you could get 4 longs salarys for the one farrell used to have thats how they do it they dont pay massive amounts like we do in wages.......

would rather have 1 farrell but thats how they do it....
Sean Long was on more than Farrell per annum. Long salary came out when the betting scandal was on. £200K a year at the time.

Farrell signed a six year deal worth £1 million. That works out at around £166K a year.

They way Saints afford their squad is partly down to the use of Offshore Employee Benefit Trusts which gives overseas players lower tax to pay so the wages go further.

You also have to recognise some of their younger players will still be on low wages until their contracts are up. When they are Saints are going to face a bit of a problem.

Dave
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Combined with the fact that they are paying Sculthorpe for playing about a dozen games a season.

Stains are allegedly negotiating another contract for him - I would have thought that it was time for him to retire? How many games has he played over the last couple of seasons? He has had injury after injury and IMO it's only a matter of time before he gets one a surgeon can't fix.

If he isn't forced to take a massive salary cut then stains are even dumber than I thought!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... elens.html

I wonder if this has anything to do with it?, or are the Stains preempting the tax-man's investigation, or simply shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!