GB squad announced

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

GB squad announced

Post by GeoffN »

Looks far too strong for the French, even with some "rested". I'd have thought a lot more of the established players could have been left out for this one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 744909.stm

Great Britain 23-man squad for France Test:
Kevin Brown, Rob Burrow, Gareth Carvell, Jon Clarke, Andrew Coley, Gareth Ellis, Ade Gardner, James Graham, Gareth Hock, David Hodgson, Jamie Langley, Andy Lynch, Danny McGuire, Chris Melling, Adrian Morley, Sean O'Loughlin, James Roby, Kevin Sinfield, Paul Sykes, Chris Thorman, Stephen Wild, Jon Wilkin, Kirk Yeaman.

Nice too see so many ex-Wiganers there... :roll:
Susi

Re: GB squad announced

Post by Susi »

very nice shirt may have to get me one of those.
do you know where available please
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Not bad, apart from that nasty red Vee on it...
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

id like to had a god luck message to chris melling ,a little shocked at his inclusion but a great lad and well deservred for his efforts
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Id like to see burrow get a proper run out, i think he could really cause the aussie's problems in the long run, but he needs a few hit outs.

I think to be honest (although may get lynched for this) that Pryce is the obvious pick for 6 and burrow for 7. I think between them they make a good pairing, and the best asset of leon pryce is he is one of the few player who isn't phazed by the aussies. Long as we all know has about as much bottle as a class room bully you put pressure on him and he's gone! case and point at warrington last week.

Burrow would cause them a lot of problems with his ducking and diving and his speed from the ruck.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
Id like to see burrow get a proper run out, i think he could really cause the aussie's problems in the long run, but he needs a few hit outs.

I think to be honest (although may get lynched for this) that Pryce is the obvious pick for 6 and burrow for 7. I think between them they make a good pairing, and the best asset of leon pryce is he is one of the few player who isn't phazed by the aussies. Long as we all know has about as much bottle as a class room bully you put pressure on him and he's gone! case and point at warrington last week.

Burrow would cause them a lot of problems with his ducking and diving and his speed from the ruck.
I'd like to see Thorman given a chance at stand-off, he's always impressed me whenever I've seen him (even though he's been playing fullback recently).
I'd have liked to see Rooney in the squad too, he had a good series for England in the Federation Shield games.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Yeah i agree, i do rate rooney and throman both but i believe pyrce has the better physical statue and can drivve it down the middle when needed. I would like to see them test rooney out, and to be honest id like to see thorman try out for full back. Wellens aint got long left and it gives us another attacking option. He has been very good there for hudds.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure