Stains sign ANOTHER NRL player

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

Re: Stains sign ANOTHER NR...

Post by GeoffN »

standishwarrior posted:
cp..what about bonus's paid during the challenge cup?thats a different comp so do they not count on the cap?
It does get a lot more complicated with cup games (including playoff games).

Basically, any prize money the club gets from playoffs or Challenge cup doesn't count as cap income, and in theory can then be shared out amongst the players without it counting on the cap. If more than the prize money is paid out, the excess counts on the cap.

fitzy

Post by fitzy »

how much prize money do the clubs get?
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

GeoffN posted:
standishwarrior posted:
cp..what about bonus's paid during the challenge cup?thats a different comp so do they not count on the cap?
It does get a lot more complicated with cup games (including playoff games).

Basically, any prize money the club gets from playoffs or Challenge cup doesn't count as cap income, and in theory can then be shared out amongst the players without it counting on the cap. If more than the prize money is paid out, the excess counts on the cap.
geoff..so say if wigan get knocked out by catalan and they are on a bonus of say 5000 each to win the match does all that extra money they paid out on bonus's not count because they didnt win the cup?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do not think you can get away with say paying a player £25,000 for winning Rd1 of the challenge Cup. I think the bonuses can only equate to the amount of prize money won.

Flannery will not be cheap. Ex origin rep.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The only case I can make is maybe Sculthorpe is going to retire.
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

with you now reguarding the payments! i know what you mean cp but he's still recovering from a broken leg!maybe the deal is play for x amount and if you can prove your fitness and you settle in then come the end of the season we'll review your contract!!
Bert's Medal

Post by Bert's Medal »

The thing that I keep hearing about Saints payments to players is around "image rights" - isn't there a loophole if the image rights are paid to a company and not the players directly?
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

wait till the taxman gets through with them

we will hope fully start to see the decline of of the Stains and there tin pot shed of a ground

they son will be palying at Blackbrook or Thato Heath
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

mike binder

Re: Stains sign ANOTHER NRL pl...

Post by mike binder »

makes you wonder if the rfl have aloud them to void scullys contract????
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Bert's Medal posted:
The thing that I keep hearing about Saints payments to players is around "image rights" - isn't there a loophole if the image rights are paid to a company and not the players directly?
all moneys paid to players including image rights now count on the sallary cap this loop hole was closed at the end of lasrt season when lyon left the sts :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME