GB v France Referee Is.........

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: GB v France Referee Is...

Post by cpwigan »

How odd :conf: You demote 2 referees and then pick them for a prestigious occasion. Nothing like rewarding referees who are consistently doing the business :roll:
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

It will be interesting to see which referees are used in the World Cup next year, Aussies give their own referees a lot of stick...can you image what they would do to Ganson.

Unfortunately if Ganson does get to referee matches in the WC I can see him trying to make a big fuss in the matches and cocking it up.......but then atleast we could sing "World cup and you f**ked it up"
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
How odd :conf: You demote 2 referees and then pick them for a prestigious occasion. Nothing like rewarding referees who are consistently doing the business :roll:
There are two ways of looking at it... perhaps they are the only referees that didn't go away for the week with having this week off. Maybe they volunteered to stay and work harder and were repaid for their efforts. Or maybe they've both come back stronger after their big errors at Cardiff.

Referees, like players are only as good as their last performance and there was nothing to complain about with Ganson last week and Klein did a good enough job at Harlequins.

The Cardiff weekend was 6 weeks ago you know. What was going on with Wigan 6 weeks ago? Has anything changed?
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Just to nit-pick Rob. You said Ganson did nothing wrong last week, there was an incident in the first half when we put a grubber kick through and a Catalans player knocked the ball out of the in goal area. The touch judge indicated so, and signalled a dropout. Ganson appeared to ignore this and over rule him and award Catalans a tap on their own 20.

Maybe I have got it wrong and I hold my hands up if I have, but if I am correct, this is a pretty big misake to make.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Sutty posted:
Just to nit-pick Rob. You said Ganson did nothing wrong last week, there was an incident in the first half when we put a grubber kick through and a Catalans player knocked the ball out of the in goal area. The touch judge indicated so, and signalled a dropout. Ganson appeared to ignore this and over rule him and award Catalans a tap on their own 20.

Maybe I have got it wrong and I hold my hands up if I have, but if I am correct, this is a pretty big misake to make.
Was that the one Pat Richards chased down? The video replay showed the he touched the ball last.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

In that case, I stand corrected :)