Franchise

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Fraggle

Re: Franchise

Post by Fraggle »

ultimate warrior posted:
I am in favour of the franchise system. It will give long term stability to our game, and if there are clubs in the National leagues who meat with the criteria, then they can be added at a later date.

If we are honest, there isnt that many clubs outsides of Superleague that could make a good go of it in the SL.
That's an important point. SL is already pulling far ahead of NL1 in terms of standards, as we saw when we played Widnes in the Cup. They're probably the top team in NL1, and not long out of SL, but already they have dropped off the standards compared to a Wigan team that has been inconsistent this season. The clubs that get promoted are inevitably in the mix for going straight back down again, because they struggle to adjust to the standard (HKR started well but have dropped off badly) so are they really gaining very much from going up-and-down between the divisions? Ok, they get more money from their brief time in SL, but I'm sure the costs are higher as well and there's little to help with achieve long-term stability to keep up for a couple of years.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
highland convert

Re: Franchise

Post by highland convert »

Can a superteam be refused excluding religation if their stadium reaches the required standard? HC