ovaerseas quota

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
roo67

ovaerseas quota

Post by roo67 »

talking about other teams signings at work we notced that hull have signed berrigan and dykes for next season with mat sing completing the permitted trio. as they are roumered to be signing civonecieva does this mean he has a dodgy fijian passport tucked away? and should we make a big effort to sign him if he has?
highland convert

Re: ovaerseas quota

Post by highland convert »

I asked the same question twice in the original thread. No takers from our panel of experts :conf:
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

good point how are hull going to get round this one? :eh:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

roo67 posted:
talking about other teams signings at work we notced that hull have signed berrigan and dykes for next season with mat sing completing the permitted trio. as they are roumered to be signing civonecieva does this mean he has a dodgy fijian passport tucked away? and should we make a big effort to sign him if he has?
He's Fiji born, so nothing dodgy about his passport.

fitzy

Post by fitzy »

so if he's fiji born does he qualify for aus though a grandparent or his mum and dad or something?
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

fitzy posted:
so if he's fiji born does he qualify for aus though a grandparent or his mum and dad or something?
Dunno; probably residency. He's been with the Broncos forever.

I do wonder about Hull's quota, though. They've also signed Matthew Head, and released Domic to free a quota spot, but if Sing is staying, that means either Berrigan or Dykes must be non-quota.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Isn't the quote out of the window next season? I thought we were moving to a quota that allowed a total of 10 "non-GB qualified" players next year?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mike posted:
Isn't the quote out of the window next season? I thought we were moving to a quota that allowed a total of 10 "non-GB qualified" players next year?
Good point, Mike! I understood the new rules to be just for "Kolpaks", and that the existing quota rule would remain, but there isn't actually anything in the new rules that clarifies that, as far as I can see.

As written, they would appear to do away with the distinction between genuine quota players and "Kolpaks".
roo67

Post by roo67 »

heads only signed untill the end of the season