Sinfield Hints At Union Switch

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
wigan rugby

Sinfield Hints At Union Switch

Post by wigan rugby »

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 55,00.html

Leeds Rhinos skipper Kevin Sinfield has insisted he is happy to stay at Headingley for the rest of his career, but admitted he could be tempted by a move to rugby union.
The 26-year-old has a year left on his current Leeds contract, and says that he is happy to remain with the Super League side for the rest of his career.

However, Sinfield has received offers to switch codes in the past and does admit that it could be a possibility in the future if the right move came along.

"I've got a year left on my contract at Leeds, I'm very happy here and I don't want to go anywhere,” said Sinfield.

"I don't want to leave Leeds but if the timing is right and things don't work out here then it could be an option for me.

"I've received offers in the past and it is humbling because it's a different sport and it shows clubs are willing to take a chance on you.

"Who knows, if the opportunity arises in the future, and the time is right, then you never know."

The versatile Sinfield believes he could be a hit in the 15-man format of the game, and sees himself slotting in at centre of fly-half if he were to make the switch to the Guinness Premiership.

"I'd probably play in the centres and then look to move to No 10 after a couple of years," he said.

"It's a real difficult position to play as Iestyn Harris would testify but we'll have to see what happens.

"Jason Robinson made the switch and was a great success, so it can obviously be done.

"When you look at rugby union, the international game is greater than ours. The crowds they get, the revenue they create from the Six Nations and obviously the World Cup dwarfs our competitions in league.

"But rugby league is improving and to get a full house at Headingley on Friday sends out the right message."
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

phibes

Re: Sinfield Hints At Union Sw...

Post by phibes »

Interestingly, this story disappeared from the SL website to be replaced with this version:

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... _Subs.html

where he pledges his future to the Rhinos, wouldn't dream of going anywhere else etc.

Am I the only one who finds it embarrassing when a player resorts to these tactics in the press to barter for a new and improved contract?
turf

Re: Sinfield Hints At Unio...

Post by turf »

Which story are we believing??????? :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

With the impending Union World Cup, and the more relaxed attitude towards a Salary Cap, being shown by the Unions sides. I suspect that we will have to get used to these sort of stories for a while.

Anything that can be a detriment to League and seen as our best players switching over to Union, is always seen as great publicity for them. Hence, even very average players rate media column space when they swap sports to Union, or even declare that they once saw it on tv!!!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i don't think sinfield could cut it in union, think of all positions.

he can't play full back, he isn't fast enoguh for wing/centre. he isn't big enough for falnker. he shouldn't go anywere near prop or secodn row. he can't kick which rules out fly half. he can't play hooker which leaves you with little choice :conf:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Get gone you misserable thing!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

Sinfield is not good enough to play any position in the other code.

If he wants to try it though let him go, its not like he's a top League player. For me he is very over rated.

I also think that he is only saying this to increase the amount of money the Rhinos will offer and the length of contract from them.