big les to play in CC?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
- psycho -

big les to play in CC?

Post by - psycho - »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 247518.stm

personally i don't think this should be allowed. he's moved to union so adios les, now they are saying he can come back an dplay the challenge cup? :conf:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
shawcross da warrior

Re: big les to play in CC?

Post by shawcross da warrior »

its out of order and shouldnt be allowed he ios playing in a different sport so why should he be allowed to come back to league now he has turned his back on it and play in the final.........
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

110% agree with you, what are the rfl thinking with this one? and to be hoenst, i wouldn't be to impressed (whoever he has signed for)

just say bulls were in final, and lesley scored last minute try to win it, then bogged off to kick and clap :conf:

i don't think it's fair AT all. why don't we just bring robbo, and farrell back to bolster our squad a bit for final! :angry:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I am sure it is one of those situations where the rules allow it.

It will be like years ago when clubs used to fly Aussies back for the '85 CC final, like we did with Kenny and Ferguson and Hull did with Sterling.

Whether the rules should be changed to prevent this is interesting. One thing is for sure unless he does a Rads and plays for free any wages and win bonuses will count on Bradfords salary cap.

Even though it is only a couple of games (semi and final if they get there) clubs run right up to the salary cap and of course Bradford broke it as we did in 2005 so this could push them over it.

At the very least the RFL should scrutinise Bradford's salary cap the same way they did with is over signing Fielden.

Dave
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

What a bloody joke!

farce!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
Whether the rules should be changed to prevent this is interesting. One thing is for sure unless he does a Rads and plays for free any wages and win bonuses will count on Bradfords salary cap.

Even though it is only a couple of games (semi and final if they get there) clubs run right up to the salary cap and of course Bradford broke it as we did in 2005 so this could push them over it.
Just wondering, but would cup games count on the salary cap? Is the cap just for Superleague, or does it apply across all the competitions? I've not checked the rules to look but for possibly 2-off appearances then maybe they'll get away with it...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

so technically... can Wigan sign Gasnier, Hunt and Lockyer from australia to play in the final for us? a one off game?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

ancientnloyal posted:
so technically... can Wigan sign Gasnier, Hunt and Lockyer from australia to play in the final for us? a one off game?
Unfortunately not, as they would not have been signed before the deadline. Not sure exactly when this deadline was, but I know that it has passed.

Shame though as it would have been great to see them play for Wigan.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Whats this cup`tie situation? I dont get this...I thought it mean that if you signed a player thru the season and your still in the cup that the new player cant play in the cup as he is cup tied?

Am i wrong hear..Because i`m on about the new winger they signed?

(I`m not making much sense this morning :conf: Still asleep really! *yawn)
That only applies if the new player has already played in the cup for his old team.
Bear

Post by Bear »

If he scores the winner in the final the other clubs will be going ape S**t :angry:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!