NO MORE SMOKING AT GROUNDS

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
highland convert

Re: NO MORE SMOKING AT GRO...

Post by highland convert »

%0 quid a ciggie and yes people do get charged. 2,5k from the club if they let you. Goodnight sweet cig you are banned, It is great up here in Scotland. It does work give it a try. 6 pointer yeah HC
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

RAVINGWARRIOR posted:
i asked a stewerd if i can smoke and she says yes as its open air as i was stood behind posts. stands will be different tho.
I think they were in the wrong then... an open stand is still an enclosed space because if there are a few thousand people there you don't really have the freedom to move away from a smoker, hence you are enclosed.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

highland convert posted:
%0 quid a ciggie and yes people do get charged. 2,5k from the club if they let you. Goodnight sweet cig you are banned, It is great up here in Scotland. It does work give it a try. 6 pointer yeah HC
I am confused...

I agree with rob... some wakefield idiot started smoking infront of me and I seriously wanted to shout 'die die die' messages at him but refrained... There was a wigan fan, a lady, who lit up a cig but promptly put it out on her own accord after realising about the ban and the sign outside the ground, so well done to her.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

ancientnloyal posted:
I am confused...

I agree with rob... some wakefield idiot started smoking infront of me and I seriously wanted to shout 'die die die' messages at him but refrained... There was a wigan fan, a lady, who lit up a cig but promptly put it out on her own accord after realising about the ban and the sign outside the ground, so well done to her.
Maybe I have misinterpreted the new laws, but if there are signs outside the ground then surely it's classed as a public enclosed space? The JJB stadium might have a roof but smoke will disperse almost as effectively as at Belle Vue.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

robjoenz posted:
ancientnloyal posted:
I am confused...

Maybe I have misinterpreted the new laws, but if there are signs outside the ground then surely it's classed as a public enclosed space? The JJB stadium might have a roof but smoke will disperse almost as effectively as at Belle Vue.
There are quite specific rules laid down as to what constitutes an "enclosed space". Primarily intended to clarify what are legal smoking areas in pubs and the like, they do apply to anywhere.

http://www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/envi ... n-enclosed

Any stadium is, of course, entitled to apply their own rules, as long as they don't conflict with the official ones.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Yesterday you could have sang
GONNA DROWN GONNA DROWN GONNA DROWN
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Heard on the news at lunchtime that some councils are thinking of extending the pan to park playgrounds. So if they can do that I assume they could ban smoking at a ground.

JJB has been none smoking for a while now anyway and a good thing it is to.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
Heard on the news at lunchtime that some councils are thinking of extending the pan to park playgrounds. So if they can do that I assume they could ban smoking at a ground.

JJB has been none smoking for a while now anyway and a good thing it is to.

Dave
Anybody who owns land/property could make it non-smoking, in theory (although enforcing it might be problematical); the new rules don't make any difference to that.

As a long-time smoker, I'm completely in favour of the ban. Apart from anything else, it's helping me cut down; I was in the pub last night and "only" went out twice for a smoke, whereas prior to the ban I'd probably have smoked about 10.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

ive just read about the failed suicide attack on glasgow airport where a car was driven into the building and set alight. apparently the driver a mr "singe midick" has become the first person to be prosecuted for smoking inside. :)
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

:eusa4:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered