Portico Tournament... (MikeB)

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
robjoenz

Portico Tournament... (MikeB)

Post by robjoenz »

Mike,

How did your Danny's team do on the Saturday? I believe Portico won his age group? Did it go without controversy?

Portico won the 15s yesterday. Pitch was in terrible condition though and I'm now injured :(
mike binder

Re: Portico Tournament... (Mik...

Post by mike binder »

got beat by pottico in the final,all went ell we had 2 refs 1 young lad about 13ish and a more mature 1 ,all played a fair and even game portico were just 2 fast and big for us ,did beat a premier team on the way 2 the final though
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
fitzy

Re: Portico Tournament... ...

Post by fitzy »

what age group does your danny play for mike as my little brother plays for golborne parkside under 10's I went on saturday it was good seeing so many team's at grassroots level :D
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

fitzy posted:
what age group does your danny play for mike as my little brother plays for golborne parkside under 10's I went on saturday it was good seeing so many team's at grassroots level :D
was there on saturday ,he plays u13s we were on the big pitch next to the car park
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mike binder posted:
got beat by pottico in the final,all went ell we had 2 refs 1 young lad about 13ish and a more mature 1 ,all played a fair and even game portico were just 2 fast and big for us ,did beat a premier team on the way 2 the final though
Little Ben I suspect, cracking referee for his age. Was the older lad about my age, thin on top?

Portico won the 15s that I refereed on the Sunday. Again they were a strong, fast side. Leyland Warriors came close to them though in the final though. Was a good day's rugby.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

no he was early 40s ,had a broad st helens accent ,i remember when i asked for the tackle count to be wipped out and he replied he didnt play at it,and he got a ok sir from me

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mike binder posted:
no he was early 40s ,had a broad st helens accent ,i remember when i asked for the tackle count to be wipped out and he replied he didnt play at it,and he got a ok sir from me
You shouldn't be trying to tell a referee what to do Mike, you ought to know better than that :wink: The referee is always right, remember!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

in was trying to help him incase he wasnt sure what he saw :lol:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mike binder posted:
He's a referee Mike, of course he was sure!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

robjoenz posted:
mike binder posted:
He's a referee Mike, of course he was sure!!!
And they get lots of help from their tj's, too.... :roll: