McRae on Coley

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
DaveO

McRae on Coley

Post by DaveO »

Interesting comment about Coley from McRae. Basically he said he doesn't know if Coley is leaving and that is up to the Salford chairman.

He also said he had not asked the player about it and it was inappropriate to do so at this time.

So what is the significance of this?

Well in my opinion it is the Salford chairman who is doing the hiring and firing of players. Not the coach.

So I wonder if people will realise this next time someone accuses Mo of sticking his nose in regarding player movements?

Dave
Fraggle

Re: McRae on Coley

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
Interesting comment about Coley from McRae. Basically he said he doesn't know if Coley is leaving and that is up to the Salford chairman.

He also said he had not asked the player about it and it was inappropriate to do so at this time.

Well in my opinion it is the Salford chairman who is doing the hiring and firing of players. Not the coach.

So I wonder if people will realise this next time someone accuses Mo of sticking his nose in regarding player movements?

Dave
To be honest, I always thought it was Steve Sims who did all of that at Salford, rather than the Chairman (John Wilkinson?) who fulfils, I think, a similar role there as DW does for us. Sims is Director of Rugby or some such thing, but he seems to be effectively the Operations Manager for anything that goes on with the playing side of the club, he certainly seems to have more of a strategic and policy role than the coach. But certainly I don't think the coach at Salford has too much say in who gets hired and fired.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

looks like salford have a uncle mo aswell..........
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

DaveO posted:

Dave
Could you possibly be reading too much into it?

It could be possible that McCrae has said he wants Coley and it is up to Simms to see if there's enough money to agree a contract. It doesn't necessarily mean Simms is picking and choosing.