Man Of Steel.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Matthew

Re: Man Of Steel.

Post by Matthew »

He didn't play in the first loss to Hull KR!

When Barrett has been swamped offensively he has been unable to operate. It is in games like these where another player should have been able to take upon themselves and taken some of the pressure off of him.

He can't win every game for us!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
adele_ww_claire

Post by adele_ww_claire »

i'm not saying he should.
i am saying he doesn't always perform his best.
and that is due to lack of suppoort from both the front and bac rows!

i mean he is suppost to get a good support from Lulu but doesn't and Fielden is suppost to help and he has had one good game. And that was when Feka was out. Against Catalan.

I think fielden is jealous cause Feka gets all the praise when he is on the field and Fielden gets hardly any.

DANNY HILL TO STAYYYY!!!
Grandma loves Grandad <3
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Not necessarily.
Barrett doesn't always exceed himself.
Don't get me wrong he is one the best players we have always had. But like any other great he doesnt always perform to his best.
and maybe thats why we have lost matches like Hull KR and Huddersfield.
I think had we got to the CC final then it would have been a different story. But still a close game.
z
Nobody said Barrett plays amazingly every game, I said for him to be in with a chance of MOS we need to get to the grand final and he needs to have solid performances along the way.
I think fielden is jealous cause Feka gets all the praise when he is on the field and Fielden gets hardly any.
Don't be silly they aren't on the play ground now they are professionals, Feka gets attention because of his heavy runs which is a crowd pleaser.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Teams now know that Barrett is our only attacking threat; they can close him down and it closes the whole team down.

In the past (and other teams still do) we've had enough other players to step up, so if, for example, teams concentrated on closing Giz down, Andy Greg or Faz, say, could step in as playmaker.

Similarly, if people concentrate on stopping KFC, that just gives Longy more space.

One thing I'd particularly like to see is Lockers regaining the kicking game he had before his injury; at present everyone knows it will go to Barrett on the last tackle more often than not.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Unless we are close to the try line - in which case it will be a grubber from TL...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
mozz

Post by mozz »

Barrett all the way 2 be man of steel he played da best out of all of the team go barrett :eusa7: but ask me he will win it (the man of steel)
mozz

Post by mozz »

Barrett all the way 2 be man of steel he played da best out of all of the team go barrett :eusa7: but ask me he will win it (the man of steel)
mozz

Post by mozz »

Banksy

Post by Banksy »

He's going to win it three times? Jesus Christ.
Geraldine_Papadopoulos

Post by Geraldine_Papadopoulos »

Matthew posted:
Wellens plays behind the best defence in SL. He's OK, however put him in a team like Salford, Wakefield or London and he would look very average. He is pretty slow for FB. Going forward he has good support play and he usually breaks the first tackle - but when was the last time you saw he go more than 20 metres to score?

Had we got to the CC final or the grand final Barrett would have won it at a canter
Cant agree with you more, ive said that before. Barrett has carried us throughout this season and basically deserves the accolade because of his performances. If we didnt have him we would probably be on minus points now.
Signed:

Geraldine Papadopoulos