Question for Robjoenz

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
doc

Question for Robjoenz

Post by doc »

Hi Rob

I watched the Huddersfield vs. Catalan match on video last night on the Superleague Show. When Huddersfield were chasing the game Thorman took a conversion via a drop goal rather than a place kick to hurry things along. The ref (Silverwood) chalked off the conversion saying it wasn't allowed for conversions, just penalties.

I seem to remember taking conversions with a drop goal was a regular occurrence in the old days during the annual Summer Sevens. Has the rule been changed or can you only use drop goals for conversions in sevens?
doc

Re: Question for Robjoenz

Post by doc »

Mods

Please move to General RL. That's where this post was intended to go but somehow ended up here.

Doc
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

And if he had missed the kick, would he have been asked to take it again properly???? :lol: :lol: :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

When a try is scored the scoring side has two options, to take a place kick at goal (off the ground or a tee) or to neglect to take the kick (e.g. if they're losing by 3 points with 2 minutes to go). A conversion can't be drop kicked.

If he'd missed it he would not have been able to retake it as he had not taken the original kick in the prescribed manner.

I don't know anything about 7s rules I'm afraid.
pedro

Post by pedro »

so you can just kick out of your hands?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

pedro wrote:so you can just kick out of your hands?
read again amigo - conversion must be place kicked
doc

Post by doc »

Cheers Rob