Next England Coach?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
MrDave

Next England Coach?

Post by MrDave »

Now Tony Smith has quit who do you think will be the next England coach and who do you want as the next England coach.

Some names being talked about at the moment are:
- John Kear
- Justin Morgan
- Steve McNamara
- Bobby Goulding
- Brian Noble

There are no really stand out coaches in that list but to be fair the England coach is not the reason the England side is so far behind the Aussies the problem is bigger a goes right through the English rugby league system.

Perhaps an outside shout for next England coach could be someone like Andy Farrell or Paul Sculthrope. It might be a bit of a risk since they don't have a great deal of coach experience themselves but like I said before there isn't anyone who stands out as an obvious choice as England coach so they are not really losing out on anything.
josie andrews

Re: Next England Coach?

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Wane & Kris Radlinski :roll:

Two very passionate ex internationals :roll:

English & both up & coming coaches. :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
missyme65

Post by missyme65 »

If we want a dedicated sole England coach it has to be someone not currently involved in the game, or someone thats not tied to a team at present, someone with Shaun Wanes passion would be awesome though....
softy southerner finds the holy grail...
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I was only talking about the problem this morning.And boy what a problem the Rfl as on it's hands.No one name springs to mind other than A certain Mr S.Edwards.But do the Rfl have the clout to bring him into the fold.He as the credentials that's for sure.And he would command the respect of the players.But do we have the money to entice him away from the yawnions? I suspect not!The future looks bleak sadly.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Coach with a bit of experience that is currently out of the game......

I was think Ellery Hanley.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

wiggydoran wrote:Coach with a bit of experience that is currently out of the game......

I was think Ellery Hanley.
ellery hanley would be a excellent choice but he has done it before
IN WANE WE TRUST
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

Hmmm that's a tough one. I think it's England fitness that leaves them trailing behind the Aussies so much and not the tactics as such. I would love it to be Shaun Edwards but I couldn't see it happen unless the RFL put their hands in their pockets. It's only a part time job unlike the Wigan job so it's not impossible.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Martin Offiah was on CNN Sports News Live today.
He was promoting a book he has written about his choice of the best ever 50 Rugby League tries. wonder how many of his own he will choose.

He commented that as the position is to be a full time position where no SL coach will be considered as part club, part national coach, there are very few choices.
He said his choice would be Ellery hanley, as he is British.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Quite a few, I think Eastmond might be in there!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

The coach has to have a boad spectrum of the game, know the players, talk up a good fight, inspire the fans as well as the players. Only one team coach pairing fits that bill
The gruesome twosome from the sky box with the one and only Stevo taking top honours :lol: