Dream come true for Iafeta Paleaaesina

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Dream come true for Iafeta Paleaaesina

Post by josie andrews »

A new-look Iafeta Paleaaesina will be a man on a mission in 2014 after being thrown a Super League lifeline.

The former Wigan and New Zealand international front rower was left without a club when Salford declined to offer him a new contract at the end of the 2012 season and he ended up signing for French part-timers Limoux.

When an offer came out of the blue from Hull, the 31-year-old Paleaaesina could not wait to put pen to paper - once he realised it was genuine.

"When I got an email from Hull FC, obviously I thought it was a prank at first," Paleaaesina said.

"Then I got a phone call and I spoke to the coaching staff. I flew over and that's when I knew it was real.

"I had my medical and signed. It was a dream come true to come back to Super League and to a massive club like Hull FC.

"It's massive for me and I've got to repay the favour by playing well week in, week out.

Grateful

"I'm truly grateful for the opportunity and I'm just excited to get the season under way."

Paleaaesina had two years left on his contract with Limoux but was determined to take the opportunity to return to England, not least for his Wigan-born wife Michelle and their two young children.

"It was pretty hard for her over there because we were the only English-speaking couple with children in our team so she was on her own when I was at training," he said.

"She toughed it out for me but she was keen to come back. They would have liked me to stay but my family comes first and it was an opportunity for me to play at the highest level again."

Wigan and Salford fans might struggle to recognise the former crowd favourite because he has trimmed down to a little over 16st, having shed more than two and a half stone from his last time in Super League.

"I was over 120 kilos when I was at Salford," he said. "I'm 104 at the moment. So I've lost quite a lot of weight, not just from the training and eating right.

"It was bit of a blessing in disguise going over to France because it made me appreciate what I had.

"We had to take our kits back home and wash them ourselves and pay for our training kit so it was like being back as an amateur. Here everything is pretty much given to you."

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... /9128999/?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Dream come true for Iafeta Paleaaesina

Post by Kittwazzer »

Josie, where does he plan to live?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:Josie, where does he plan to live?
Not sure, cos his family home is in Southport
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I hope it goes well for Feka. I had to smile when I read that he had trained so hard he had lost too much weight.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:I hope it goes well for Feka. I had to smile when I read that he had trained so hard he had lost too much weight.
So do I :) I think he was mis managed re training & diet when he was here & not treated very well. You couldn't meet a nicer bloke. A very gentle giant :)
bonbon

Post by bonbon »

josie andrews wrote:
Used to be Rufford, unless he has moved.
Wigan turnin Blue-My arse
The future is bright, the future is Cherry & White
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872
Wigan RLFC not just a religion

To do list
Win World Club Challenge-2021
Win Challenge Cup-2021
Win Super League-2020
Win League Leaders Shield-2020
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bonbon wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
They sold that when they moved to France
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
bonbon wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Not sure, cos his family home is in Southport
They sold that when they moved to France
I spent a month in Rufford one Wednesday afternoon!