NOBLE SEEKS LEGAL ADVICE

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

NOBLE SEEKS LEGAL ADVICE

Post by josie andrews »

Brian Noble is taking legal advice after being removed from his position of head coach of Salford Red Devils.

The former Great Britain boss has been offered the chance to "move upstairs" into the role of director of rugby to make way for the appointment of Iestyn Harris as his successor at the AJ Bell Stadium.

Harris, the Wales head coach who vacated his post as Wigan Wariors assistant last week, will start his new job on Monday, preparing his new team to face his old club Bradford Bulls in his first match on Friday.

Noble has yet to announce his intentions but, in an interview on BBC television, he made clear his unhappiness over the move by Salford owner Marwan Koukash.

"I met Marwan on Friday morning and he was very keen to go in a different direction on the coaching front," Noble said. "That's where we are at at the moment.

"There has been an offer of a director of football but it's not been discussed in detail. There are a lot of unanswered questions but, after the great win on Thursday night at Hull, it was a bit of a surprise to say the least.

"We all have to take legal advice in these situations and, with that in mind, it's difficult to talk about it."

Koukash made his announcement just 24 hours after the Red Devils pulled off a 37-36 win over Hull FC to reach the last 16 of the Tetley's Challenge Cup but had clearly made his mind up in the aftermath of their 30-8 Super League defeat to their same opponents a week earlier.

That result left Salford out of the top eight but Noble, who succeeded Australian Phil Veivers 12 months ago, believes the team are perfectly positioned to deliver the success demanded by their no-nonsense owner.

"I wish Iestyn every success," Noble added. "I think this team is ready to take off. We're two points off the top five and we're in the Challenge Cup.

"I felt Thursday night's fabulous win was probably the tipping point in relation to our growing process and getting to know each other. We've got good players back on deck and I was never more confident that this team is kicking on."

http://www.superleague.co.uk/article/29 ... al-advice?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: NOBLE SEEKS LEGAL ADVICE

Post by Kittwazzer »

I wish Nobby well in whatever action he decides to take. No-one deserves to be treated so shabbily and publicly humiliated like that!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

With actions like this is Dr Koukash as good as what some people are making him out to be.
Stevo and Eddy cannot big him up any higher.
Will koukash be in it for the long run or will he be just a 5 minute flash in the pan type of bloke especially as his expectations are not met.
I am not sure on this bloke, he puts up a good front but how much of it true to the good of the game I am a bit sceptical of.
Only time will tell I suppose.
Jake

Post by Jake »

I think the mad doctor has lost the plot its going to take 12 new players time to start to play as a team together.Very poor way to treat Brian Noble
jobo

Post by jobo »

Doesn't appear that Noble fancies the role he's been offered and may want a pay off rather than a back office job, hence the legal advice.

Personally, I think the Dr has done right by him.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

When I cast doubt on Koutash, I was shot down in flames!

Like I have said, a man not to be trusted as now proved by his diabolical treatment of one of the respected figures of our game.

Who will be next in the firing line?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

As I've said before, my guess is he will threaten to pull out of the club about 3/4 through the year after a bad loss. And if he doesn't do it then, the club will collapse in the off season. Bye bye Salford.

He seems incredibly reactionary and someone like that probably won't hesitate to stop spending his money if things aren't going his way.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brian Noble: Iestyn Harris has dream job at Salford Red Devils

Former Salford Red Devils head coach Brian Noble tells BBC's Super League Show that his successor Iestyn Harris has moved into a "dream job".

Noble also talks about the shock of being replaced by the ex-Wigan assistant coach, and says he is still considering owner Marwan Koukash's offer of moving into a director of football role with the Super League club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/26937425
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wigan haven't exactly been known for their patience with coaches
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Wigan haven't exactly been known for their patience with coaches
Correct. We have even sacked coaches who have won trophies and have had far better starts to the season than Noble. Endacott, Clarke & McInnes, Dorahay, Betts and West are all coaches that spring to mind who either won stuff or were replaced when the team wasn't exactly playing poorly.

I am not saying I agree with Koukash here as I don't see how Harris will be any more of an immediate answer than Noble given the players they have but we are in no position to throw stones.