Re: Did Saints actually win the Grand Final?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

God wrote:Forever in our shadow despite Saints victory last night, not one single media outlet is mentioning the fact they have won a 5th title at great length.

"The Ben Flower final" thats what it will be remembered for, there achievements well and truly overshadowed, rightly or wrongly. Nobody is interested in the outcome outside Saints, even Saints themselves talking at great length over the incident. Multiple threads and reaction, who won the Grand Final again?.

We need to stick by Ben who will be in a very dark place right now, behind closed doors he will be backed by players and coaches and rightly so IMO we all make mistakes, his was to react to an elbow to the face. I personally would have taken the elbow and made a meal of it, but that isn't Flower red mist really took hold.

Despite what others think, this will galvanise the team and the supporters in the long run.

Forever the Wigan 16.
As usual God a very apt post, however some on here are gunning for Flower which in my opinion is very sad!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
God wrote:Forever in our shadow despite Saints victory last night, not one single media outlet is mentioning the fact they have won a 5th title at great length.

"The Ben Flower final" thats what it will be remembered for, there achievements well and truly overshadowed, rightly or wrongly. Nobody is interested in the outcome outside Saints, even Saints themselves talking at great length over the incident. Multiple threads and reaction, who won the Grand Final again?.

We need to stick by Ben who will be in a very dark place right now, behind closed doors he will be backed by players and coaches and rightly so IMO we all make mistakes, his was to react to an elbow to the face. I personally would have taken the elbow and made a meal of it, but that isn't Flower red mist really took hold.

Despite what others think, this will galvanise the team and the supporters in the long run.

Forever the Wigan 16.
As usual God a very apt post, however some on here are gunning for Flower which in my opinion is very sad!!
Lets get some perspective-were we not all gunning for Westwood last year
TrueBlueWarrior

wildbeast wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

Forever the Wigan 16.
Completely incomparable, or did I miss Green forearm smashing Westwood in his face off the ball first? Watch the vine on another thread before you post ridiculous comments!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

God wrote:Well that is there problem, if they want to piss and moan about him let them. If i hear any boos from our lot at a game against him i will be saying something.

We are Wigan Rugby League and we stick together whatever happens, it is a family, a way of life!!

Mistakes happen, he made a grave mistake he will take to his grave, he wont need reminding. We stick by him, it is counter productive for a holier than thou attitude.

Flower is a good player for us, a consummate professional.

Overshadowing a final, The Ben Flower final, we stick together.

The Wigan 16.
I will support him no doubt!!
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
wildbeast wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: As usual God a very apt post, however some on here are gunning for Flower which in my opinion is very sad!!
Completely incomparable, or did I miss Green forearm smashing Westwood in his face off the ball first? Watch the vine on another thread before you post ridiculous comments!!
Look what i am saying is whoever you support you just cannot condone what went on yesterday just as i couldnt condone Westwood last year -no doubt he should have walked. Flower cost us the biggest game of the year - end of
TrueBlueWarrior

wildbeast wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
wildbeast wrote: Lets get some perspective-were we not all gunning for Westwood last year
Look what i am saying is whoever you support you just cannot condone what went on yesterday just as i couldnt condone Westwood last year -no doubt he should have walked. Flower cost us the biggest game of the year - end of
Yes you are right you can't condone what happened yesterday, Flower was rightly sent off and so should Hohaia, therefore 12 v 12 we win the game so Bentham cost us!!
TrueBlueWarrior

God wrote:Not a single Wigan supporter is saying he shouldn't have walked, there was no doubt in it at all.

You don't see Warrington stating they want Westwood sacked. The difference being he got away with it, Flower didn't.

You don't see Warrington lot in unison condemning Westwood they have stuck by him. Why cant we?

Holier than tho attitude gets on my t**s.

Second man plays when a man down could be another big factor why we lost, the preparation mentally another factor.

We could blame the coach, Flower, tactics, Bentham, the weather, the linesman, the video ref, the stale beer, the tram service for our loss but we stick together regardless.

The Flower final will galvanise this club, The Wigan 16 against all the odds will galvanise us for seasons to come. Its if you are along for the ride that counts.
Brilliant!! :D
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

God wrote:Not a single Wigan supporter is saying he shouldn't have walked, there was no doubt in it at all.

You don't see Warrington stating they want Westwood sacked. The difference being he got away with it, Flower didn't.

You don't see Warrington lot in unison condemning Westwood they have stuck by him. Why cant we?

Holier than tho attitude gets on my t**s.

Second man plays when a man down could be another big factor why we lost, the preparation mentally another factor.

We could blame the coach, Flower, tactics, Bentham, the weather, the linesman, the video ref, the stale beer, the tram service for our loss but we stick together regardless.

The Flower final will galvanise this club, The Wigan 16 against all the odds will galvanise us for seasons to come. Its if you are along for the ride that counts.
Agree with a lot of what you say but the warrington lot also used to stand by Les Boyd -not a very good yardstick
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The crazy part is that even at 12 v 14 I was thinking we can still win this and I believe we actually should have. We bombed a few tries albeit I guess Saints probably did too.
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

cpwigan wrote:The crazy part is that even at 12 v 14 I was thinking we can still win this and I believe we actually should have. We bombed a few tries albeit I guess Saints probably did too.
They were there for the taking on our right -why didn't Bowen just ship it out wide?