Re: BURGESS HAS LEFT BATH

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

The narrative from Rugby Union will presumably be: he's a quitter, he would never adapt, he's no good etc. Meanwhile will he play at DW on the 14th!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Lets hope all the players that leave the better code bloody learn that the grass is not that greener and in fact they are destroying their imminent careers by doing so.

Apart from 1 player who was a proven SL player others who have gone without a junior or youth level of union struggles. Best news for Rugby League Worldwide. Sam Burgess makes Rugby League and England a lot stronger.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

robbobillinge wrote:The narrative from Rugby Union will presumably be: he's a quitter, he would never adapt, he's no good etc. Meanwhile will he play at DW on the 14th!
McNamara just said on TS he wont so expect to see him :lol:
superleague

Post by superleague »

You will see him but just in a shirt and tie supporting the boys
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

Stephen Jones will be salivating over this-w*****
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I don't blame him after Wales gate

I really hate that more of a point wasn't made over the fact that England were leading prior to SAMs removal from the game!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

Great news. A waste of his talent in Union Welcome back Sam
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

At the England game on Sunday, some rugby union people were sat behind me. I overheard them talking about Sam & whether he would leave Bath as he had another few years left on his Union contract.

They were adamant that he was staying in RU, until I turned round & told them he had already signed to return to Souths next season & it was just the final details that needed sorting out.

So very glad he is returning to RL & more than happy that he is returning to Souths.

The Leeds interest was just a red herring :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Glad he is returning to our game as he is too good for the kick and clap rubbish game of penalties, rucks, mauls and line outs with occasional bit of action!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

josie andrews wrote:At the England game on Sunday, some rugby union people were sat behind me. I overheard them talking about Sam & whether he would leave Bath as he had another few years left on his Union contract.

They were adamant that he was staying in RU, until I turned round & told them he had already signed to return to Souths next season & it was just the final details that needed sorting out.

So very glad he is returning to RL & more than happy that he is returning to Souths.

The Leeds interest was just a red herring :roll:
Leeds was not a red herring. They refused to pay for Westerman a transfer fee. So to make out that they are a big club with big money Hetherington comes out and says he has the ability to sign Burgess.

This is the same as Man Utd does now they come out with speculation that they are getting Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar but end up with Memphis.

Hetherington knows that this will keep fans off his back saying you want someone and actually getting him is another matter. Leeds has no intention of getting a marquee player in if they wanted to they would have got someone a few months ago.

If IL did this you can bet some on here would be going into meltdown.