Sinfield named RFL rugby Director

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
robbobillinge

Re: Sinfield named RFL rugby Director

Post by robbobillinge »

Just got back on to look at the comments. As a Lancastrian I welcome Sinfield as a fellow Lancastrian, but thats not the point. It is in Kevin Sinfield's interest to go through a proper appointment procedure, otherwise people will say er what they are saying now...Procedures are there to protect and help us all. I wish KS well but lets do it properly.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

old hooker wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
old hooker wrote:The most overhyped player that I can remember, played in several positions both at club and international level with limited success.Never robust enough to be a top class13, too slow for 6 or 7.Neither was he ever in the running for MOS.He has been a clean living lad and a role model for young players and had a good kicking game.IMO he was fortunate to have a good settled side around him for a long period of time and of course played for Leeds which speaks volumes.
The moment I first saw him in a schoolboys game at Central Park where he was by far the best player on the field, I could see that a great career was ahead of him as a player, goal kicker and above all a Captain.

For anyone to suggest otherwise just because he played for Leeds is nonsense.

Here we go again, you could not respond by saying you disagree but you have to call other peoples opinions nonsense.What a sad and bitter little person you must be.

No need to be personal to anyone who disagrees with you!

And yes, I am little, but the only bitter is the beer I drink!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Whelley you were the one that nonsensed his opinion then you behave like a girl when he tells it like it is!
I'll miss your bigoted, small minded assumptions when the forum closes, if only to remind me that not all folk are as you are!!
Now take that personal if you like but you'd be better adapting to today rather than 600 years ago, as some of the folk live that you appear to despise!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

As for Sinfield, time will tell whether it is a good appointment or not, but despite the fact he played for Leeds he is one of our own, which is more than can be said for some of the halfwits controlling our game!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Sinfield wasn't the fastest of players physically, but his ability to read a game was excellent, backed up by the effort he put into games, his match winning attitude, and leadership skills make him a pretty good player in my books.
No doubt the Leeds fans saw him as we do Sean O'Loughlin, not that I'm comparing the two, because they're different players.
With the time and effort Sinfield has put into rugby league, I think he deserves something out of it after his playing days, and good luck to him. His speech at the sports personality night was 100%Rugby League, even though he was playing onion at the time. I feel he's a good ambassador for rugby league in general and hope he can help promote the game where it's lacking at the moment.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sinfield was **** as ****, all he had was a half decent kick

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:Sinfield was **** as **** all he had was a half decent kick
Just because the site may be closing down doesn't mean tha rules are not adhered to.

Please mind your language. Thank you :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:Sinfield was **** as **** all he had was a half decent kick
Just because the site may be closing down doesn't mean tha rules are not adhered to.

Please mind your language. Thank you :)
I am sorry Josie

I AM IL and I will take over the running of this site (if Mike lets me) so carry on :wink: :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wandering Warrior

medlocke wrote:Sinfield was **** as ****, all he had was a half decent kick
And you wonder why you got banned from rl fans Mr Locke?

Do you know 75% of people are stupid according to Whelley's facts? I presume they mean 3 in 4 people lack common sense? So that means both of us are dumb or maybe just one of us?
Interesting don't you think?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:Sinfield was **** as ****, all he had was a half decent kick
And you wonder why you got banned from rl fans Mr Locke?

Do you know 75% of people are stupid according to Whelley's facts? I presume they mean 3 in 4 people lack common sense? So that means both of us are dumb or maybe just one of us?
Interesting don't you think?
You can't give up your pathetic little life of sarcasm, can you?

Bet you were a bully at school as well or should I have use the word 'are' instead of 'were'