RFL appointments

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
morley pie eater

RFL appointments

Post by morley pie eater »

Thought I'd look up Roger Draper on Wikipedia. Much of what I found reads like an extract from his CV. Then this:
In 2007 Draper withdrew funding from Naomi Broady, then age 17 and the leading junior, as a disciplinary measure for posting pictures and comments online wholly unrelated to tennis. This resulted in a feud which has resulted in Broady refusing to play for GB ever since and funding her own career. The general opinion of observers was that Draper was reflecting an LTA mindset which discredited tennis and put back attempts to widen participation beyond a narrow wealthy social group.

Despite a growth in the number of children playing tennis,[12] Draper’s tenure was criticised for failing to increase levels of participation among adults. [13] [14]

The problems of participation came to a head when in December 2012 Sport England announced that £10.3million of the LTA's £17.4million funding total had been put on hold, with Sport England chief executive Jennie Price telling Press Association Sport: "Tennis has not performed well in terms of participation".[15] Sport England subsequently released the funding to the LTA.[citation needed]

After his salary package at the LTA was revealed to be £640,000 in 2012,[16] Draper and the LTA received further criticism, including from Baroness Billingham, the Chair of Parliament's All-Party Tennis Group.
My highlights.

Does anybody know more? Why did he leave the LTA for Wire? How much is he on at the RFL?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐