Sam Burgess Named as England Captain

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Sam Burgess Named as England Captain

Post by josie andrews »

Wayne Bennett confirms Sam Burgess as captain for Ladbrokes Four Nations

Slammin’ Sam Burgess, who has played for his country 16 times (England 14 / Great Britain 2), will captain the side throughout the 2016 Ladbrokes Four Nations in the absence of Sean O’Loughlin, who has been ruled out of the tournament through injury.

Speaking about his appointment as captain, Burgess, said: “It is an absolute honour and privilege to be asked to captain my country and to lead this group through the Four Nations tournament. I want to thank Wayne for having the trust and belief that I can do the job and I am determined to do my best for this team.

“Although I am captain on the field for this tournament, there are a group of leaders in this squad and I know that we will work together and as hard as possible to try to achieve success on the pitch for England.”

Burgess, who plays his club rugby for the South Sydney Rabbitohs, is playing for the national side for the first time since the 2013 World Cup semi-final. He will captain the team against New Zealand, Scotland and Australia, in the last International tournament before next year’s Rugby League World Cup.

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/387 ... %20Nations
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan