Double Header

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
AndyNick

Double Header

Post by AndyNick »

Who's all off to Coventry tomorrow? I don't get why they're playing it so late in the day. 2:30pm and 4pm kick offs would surely be a better plan. Will be interesting to see what the attendance is like as it hasn't been particularly well advertised in the local area, certainly not to the same level that Wasps games are.

England have to better Australia's score against Scotland. That way it is still in their own hands after last week. See that George Williams is set to play. Can imagine Sarge will probably sit this one out.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Double Header

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

AndyNick wrote:Who's all off to Coventry tomorrow? I don't get why they're playing it so late in the day. 2:30pm and 4pm kick offs would surely be a better plan. Will be interesting to see what the attendance is like as it hasn't been particularly well advertised in the local area, certainly not to the same level that Wasps games are.

England have to better Australia's score against Scotland. That way it is still in their own hands after last week. See that George Williams is set to play. Can imagine Sarge will probably sit this one out.
Two from the Capital City and one from the Other capital city will be there

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
moto748

Post by moto748 »

AndyNick wrote: I don't get why they're playing it so late in the day. 2:30pm and 4pm kick offs would surely be a better plan.
Precisely. Had it been as you suggest, I'd have probably gone. As it is, don't want to be stuck in Coventry at 10 pm on a Sat night.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote:
AndyNick wrote: I don't get why they're playing it so late in the day. 2:30pm and 4pm kick offs would surely be a better plan.
Precisely. Had it been as you suggest, I'd have probably gone. As it is, don't want to be stuck in Coventry at 10 pm on a Sat night.
Me plus 1 ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Have fun all me I'm off to see Ross Noble so can't make it.
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

Six of us going but four live in Coventry so we're staying over with them driving back to Cumbria Sunday morning
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Another 3 in our party . 1 from Liverpool and 2 from Stockport.

Capital City crew flying in and out of Birmingham Saturday / Sunday overnight Coventry.

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Well, for those who didn't make the double header they missed two things.
First it's a great stadium, good parking not too far away, easier to drive to than fighting up the M6 on a Friday (a personal geographical consideration - but relevant to me), and really excellent catering. Real ale and fish or pie and chips - brilliant.
The other thing they missed was freezing to death. It was seriously cold. I think that's more to do with the rotation of the earth than the venue, but gosh it was cold.

The timing of kick off was of course dictated by the television who were covering the Wales/Australia dark side game. But before we get to excercised about taking second place, the Welsh sold out their stadium and we only got 20K at the Ricoh. If we want to be taken more seriously then more people need to get to the international matches in particular. Fill those stadiums and we will get more coverage.

If we want our game to grow and be respected, and I suspect we all do, then we need to be seen to take it more seriously ourselves. We need to fill the grounds instead of moaning all the time. Nobody listens to moaners.
Stevethegas
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Match times delayed because of Yawnion internationals played around midday?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

stevethegas wrote:Well, for those who didn't make the double header they missed two things.
First it's a great stadium, good parking not too far away, easier to drive to than fighting up the M6 on a Friday (a personal geographical consideration - but relevant to me), and really excellent catering. Real ale and fish or pie and chips - brilliant.
The other thing they missed was freezing to death. It was seriously cold. I think that's more to do with the rotation of the earth than the venue, but gosh it was cold.

The timing of kick off was of course dictated by the television who were covering the Wales/Australia dark side game. But before we get to excercised about taking second place, the Welsh sold out their stadium and we only got 20K at the Ricoh. If we want to be taken more seriously then more people need to get to the international matches in particular. Fill those stadiums and we will get more coverage.

If we want our game to grow and be respected, and I suspect we all do, then we need to be seen to take it more seriously ourselves. We need to fill the grounds instead of moaning all the time. Nobody listens to moaners.
Was nice to bump into you & kiwiseddon at the Ricoh ????

How easy is it to get to that stadium! Fantastic.

Staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Nice stadium but as you said it was bitter cold ❄️☃️???? Brrrr
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan