Rams announce Morrison departure

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Rams announce Morrison departure

Post by josie andrews »

Dewsbury Rams have announced the departure of head coach Glenn Morrison.
Assistant coaches Karl Pryce and Jonathan Schofield have been named joint interim head coaches until a permanent appointment is made.

Rams chairman Mark Sawyer said: "Glenn approached me after the game last night.
"He felt it was in the best interests of the club for him to step down and allow us to get someone else in, and give them enough time to try and turn the performances around.

"I can only reflect positively on Glenn's near five-year tenure as head coach of Dewsbury Rams.

"He was a part-time coach who put in full time hours and he brought some great players to the club, despite working to a limited budget.

"While results so far this season have been disappointing, it should be noted that Glenn delivered the club's highest finishing position in many years during his time with us.

"He leaves with our sincerest best wishes."

Glenn Morrison said: “I want to thank the club for the opportunity and the years I have had here.

"We have had some successful seasons that I’m proud of, but unfortunately we just have not had the results required this season, and so I feel the time is right to part ways.

"I wish Mark and the club all the success in the future.
"It has been an honour to have coached the Dewsbury Rams.”

The position of Dewsbury Rams head coach will be advertised.

There will be a Fans Forum, hosted in the Royal Suite at The Tetley's Stadium this coming Thursday, at 7.30pm, where the club will outline its plans for future.

http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/news/arti ... -departure
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan