Cunningham

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cow yeds

Cunningham

Post by cow yeds »

He's gone according to St Helens chairman.

Wormburner

Re: Cunningham

Post by Wormburner »

It's all over the sky sports news ticker tape
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

St Helens part company with Keiron Cunningham

The 40-year-old, a club legend following an illustrious playing spell with the club, had left his post following over two years of service.

Cunningham joined the club on the back of their 2014 Grand Final success, but was unsuccessful in his attempts to bring silverware to the club in his first two years in charge.

The team was booed off after their 14-14 draw with Huddersfield Giants on Friday night, a result that leaves them seventh in Super League after eight games and just one point above the bottom four.

In a statement, club chairman Eamonn McManus said: “Keiron has been with the club for 24 years as man, boy, player and coach. The commitment that he has shown to the club throughout, and in every capacity, has been without equal.

“It is both upsetting and disappointing for us all that it has ended at this point in time. Keiron nevertheless understands the position and, as a mark of the man that he is, wishes only well and good to the club, its players and everyone associated with it.

“His statue outside the ground is a deserved reflection of his immense contribution to the club. That is clear, obvious and permanent.

“We will now look to move the club forward and will immediately commence the search for a new head coach. St.Helens is a world-class club with a great squad of players and its only objective will be continuous success at the highest level.”

Sean Long and Jamahl Lolesi have been put in temporary charge along with under 19s coach Derek Traynor until a new head coach is appointed.

http://www.totalrl.com/st-helens-part-c ... unningham/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Oh Buggar!! I thought he was doing a great job and wanted him to stay on.

Should be extra spicy this Friday then
I'm not as confident now!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Cunningham

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Sacked, Long in charge.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Kittwazzer wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Oh Buggar!! I thought he was doing a great job and wanted him to stay on.

Should be extra spicy this Friday then
I'm not as confident now!
He should have been made their coach for life - he had my vote of confidence :wink:

Long in charge on Friday. Mmm....

The Sky website has an interesting factoid:

"Cunningham spent two-and-a-half years as St Helens head coach, winning two Super League titles and reaching one Challenge Cup semi-final."

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

Saw something on twitter earlier thought it was a joke.
Are they going to weigh in the statue could employ a decent coach with what they get for that :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I thought he was doing a grand job......???????? :blush:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The best may be yet to come.
Rumour on Red Vee that McNamara could replace KC.
Please let it be true.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Now given he is a friend of MR Wane I am going to take a guess he will be a Warriors coach inside 12 months. Stranger things have happened.

Bad for the game for him to be sacked this early. Saints have been going backwards and showed little sign of progressing under him. While his coaching has to be questioned their Chairman should be as well just read that Saints voted against the cap increase. Lack if real investment in talent if they can not afford 1 Marquee player never mind 2.

The new Stadium seems to be an albatross I though a new stadium led to more finance in the long run.

I like Cunningham a true great player of Super League but he needed to develop into a coach not just sent in as soon as he was. Would Wane have done as well as he has if he did not Work his way up and work with a great coach.