The Rabbitohs

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

The Rabbitohs

Post by moto748 »

For my sins, I've just been watching the Bulldogs/Rabbitohs game. Well there's been plenty of criticism on here of Wigan's last tackle options of late, but Madge's men are a match for any for grim predictability. Their motto seems to be, keep repeating the same old tired plays in attack, The Bulldogs' defence handles it with ease, so what do they do? They just keep doing it. :(

Saying that, the Dogs weren't much better for most of the game, until they awoke from their slumber in the last 20. I think it says a lot when the best player on the pitch is Josh Reynolds; hardly the most creative of halves, but a 100 per center who never lacks for effort or will to win. Maybe I shouldn't expect too much from two sides who I have always regarded as some of the dullest in the NRL, but 36000 people paid a lot of money to watch this. I guess Dogs fans will go home happy, but I sometimes wonder how long Maguire will last if these performances continue.

A reminder, if one were needed, that for all many English fans laud the NRL as vastly superior to our own comp, they can often show a lack of ideas in attack which makes for a very hard watch.