Tonga v NZ spoiler

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southportcdm

Tonga v NZ spoiler

Post by southportcdm »

What a great result for Tonga and I hope for international rugby league. I know it probably shows that New Zealand are weaker than usual (as predicted) and that it is even more likely that Australia will win the final but we now have another side capable of mixing it with everyone except the Aussies. They'll give us a really tough game in the semis if we beat PNG (that goodness that we're not playing them in PNG) but it does gives us a great opportunity. I hope that rugby league makes the most of this result, just imagine the chances of this happening in union. It just shows that, as many of us have been saying for years, if Australia and New Zealand stopped playing all the best Pacific islanders we could have world class tournament. Fiji are looking good too and New Zealand will have to play well to get past them in their next game. The downside is that New Zealand rugby league will take a big hit but I suppose they're always going to be an afterthought compared with the all blacks. The New Zealand warriors have been poor for a couple of years and the game has been restricted by the NRL refusing to let another New Zealand team in. If only we could convince the Aussie to take the international game seriously.