Frank

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Frank

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote:
Wes wrote:If the club came out and said Franks not happy we are going to help him leave they may have put themselves in a position where other clubs could take advantage and we end up paying part of his salary for a season or two why he plays elsewhere.

If the club stayed quiet to let Frank hang himself and leave they may now be in a position where his whole salary is now free from our cap.

I’m not saying that is definitely the case but honestly how does anyone know and which would you prefer?
How about the club simply talked to the player discussing his family situation and simply gave him the option to leave? The idea the club was waiting for him to "hang himself" implies the club has a nasty side to its dealings with players and is not professionally run in that it was simply hoping a player would ask to leave.
I'm sure they did. I'm sure he wanted what was due in his contract and didn't want to walk away from a good salary unless he had to. I'm sure it took a while for both sides to get to a position they were happy with. I'm sure it wouldn't have been professional for the club to have commented on anything publicly whilst any of these discussions were ongoing, and I'm sure it would have been extremely discourteous and possibly legally problematic for an employer to make public any employee's personnel issues.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: I'm sure they did. I'm sure he wanted what was due in his contract and didn't want to walk away from a good salary unless he had to. I'm sure it took a while for both sides to get to a position they were happy with. I'm sure it wouldn't have been professional for the club to have commented on anything publicly whilst any of these discussions were ongoing, and I'm sure it would have been extremely discourteous and possibly legally problematic for an employer to make public any employee's personnel issues.
Are you sure? ???? ????????

Sorry Mike, couldn’t resist ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
Mike wrote: I'm sure they did. I'm sure he wanted what was due in his contract and didn't want to walk away from a good salary unless he had to. I'm sure it took a while for both sides to get to a position they were happy with. I'm sure it wouldn't have been professional for the club to have commented on anything publicly whilst any of these discussions were ongoing, and I'm sure it would have been extremely discourteous and possibly legally problematic for an employer to make public any employee's personnel issues.
Are you sure? ???? ????????

Sorry Mike, couldn’t resist ????
:lol:
Wes

Post by Wes »

DaveO wrote:
Wes wrote:If the club came out and said Franks not happy we are going to help him leave they may have put themselves in a position where other clubs could take advantage and we end up paying part of his salary for a season or two why he plays elsewhere.

If the club stayed quiet to let Frank hang himself and leave they may now be in a position where his whole salary is now free from our cap.

I’m not saying that is definitely the case but honestly how does anyone know and which would you prefer?
How about the club simply talked to the player discussing his family situation and simply gave him the option to leave? The idea the club was waiting for him to "hang himself" implies the club has a nasty side to its dealings with players and is not professionally run in that it was simply hoping a player would ask to leave.
I’m sure you know I didn’t mean literally but in a sense that Wigan would recall him to the club and expect him to see out his contract or leave for free costing us no more on the cap.

Like I said though you probably already knew that and the angle I was coming from but you can’t resist to disagree from atop of your horse.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wes wrote:
DaveO wrote:

I’m sure you know I didn’t mean literally but in a sense that Wigan would recall him to the club and expect him to see out his contract or leave for free costing us no more on the cap.

Like I said though you probably already knew that and the angle I was coming from but you can’t resist to disagree from atop of your horse.
No I didn't hence my post. You were doing nothing more than putting forward a conspiracy theory that the club would wait for him to hang himself. If you didn't mean it literally why post it because people will take what you post literally. They aren't going to second guess what you say you really meant.

I think several posters are over-complicating the situation. The only way he'd get paid his wages is if he stayed and honoured his contract. He didn't want to stay so the club let him leave. Simple.

If the club had pushed him out and got an NRL club to take him then there might have been some arrangement where Wigan paid some of his wages but it's obvious the club didn't do that. However the implication Wigan managed to not do this by being smart and letting the player "hang himself" is just nonsense.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Let me get this striaght DaveO. You think the outcome was as good as it could be. But you are angry because you think the club handled this badly? Thats what it seems like reading your posts.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wes

Post by Wes »

Mike wrote:Let me get this striaght DaveO. You think the outcome was as good as it could be. But you are angry because you think the club handled this badly? Thats what it seems like reading your posts.
That’s the way he rolls at the moment Mike!

Sorry when I say rolls that’s incorrect he doesn’t roll he moves like the rest of us, I should have said behaves.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:Let me get this striaght DaveO. You think the outcome was as good as it could be. But you are angry because you think the club handled this badly? Thats what it seems like reading your posts.
I don't have any idea how you could come to that conclusion. I was having a go at the idiotic conspiracy theories being put forward suggesting the club deliberately let the player hang himself and instead was suggesting it was all a lot simpler and straightforward!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mike, I think you may be over-complicating this. Check out Roger Hargreaves book, Mr Angry. He doesn't need a reason to be angry, it's just what he is. Everything and everyone is idiotic, nonsense, rubbish, stupid....

. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐