Josh Charnley....

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: Josh Charnley....

Post by moto748 »

Well, indeed. Except that we haven't got (and may well never get) a fit Manfredi.

Still don't need JC IMO.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Barney841 wrote:Charnley of six years ago was better than he is now.
Bulked up way too much for me and lost a yard of pace in the process.
Give me a fit manfredi any day
A fit Manfredi has never finished top try scorer for us being beaten by either Josh or Joe. Him and Marshall are about the same level with Davies being better than both of them.
If Dom came back it wouldn't take long for the rose tinted glasses fans to see he's pretty weak in a lot of areas.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Missed opportunity?

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

medlocke wrote:Whoopedy Doo
The "missed opportunity" was not poaching Goodwin from Leigh before the wire did when the lobbygobblers went down
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Josie's friend wrote:
A fit Manfredi has never finished top try scorer for us being beaten by either Josh or Joe. Him and Marshall are about the same level with Davies being better than both of them.
If Dom came back it wouldn't take long for the rose tinted glasses fans to see he's pretty weak in a lot of areas.
He may not of been the highest try scorer but he had good defence and was good under the high ball and if I remember rightly manfredi kept josh out of the team before he got injured.
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

No need to resign Charnley IMO. He was very average in the 2 seasons before his departure. He was a very good finisher in a very good team. Going off his last season at Wigan..........lost a yard of pace and didn’t run his weight. I’m happy Wigan haven’t spent a large amount of money to bring him back. We have 4 very good Wingers at the moment who are all willing to work hard for a place in the team. I think it shows how valued he is that Sale let him leave for free and Wigan passed him up!
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Barney841 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
He may not of been the highest try scorer but he had good defence and was good under the high ball and if I remember rightly manfredi kept josh out of the team before he got injured.
Josh's attitude at the time kept him out of the team. Dom's defence was crap with zero positional sense, his side was a target for opposing sides just like it is when Marshall plays.
Dom's positive is that while running forward he was hard to get hold of and had some strength. The was dependant ofc that he didn't cut in (which he mostly did) and lost all momentum.
Dom has scored some great tries for us but that doesn't changed the fact he's second rate
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Josie's friend wrote:
Barney841 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote: A fit Manfredi has never finished top try scorer for us being beaten by either Josh or Joe. Him and Marshall are about the same level with Davies being better than both of them.
Josh's attitude at the time kept him out of the team. Dom's defence was crap with zero positional sense, his side was a target for opposing sides just like it is when Marshall plays.
Dom's positive is that while running forward he was hard to get hold of and had some strength. The was dependant ofc that he didn't cut in (which he mostly did) and lost all momentum.
Dom has scored some great tries for us but that doesn't changed the fact he's second rate

Well when your 21 years old and play second fiddle to someone who’s been in the team for a few years his positional play could be questioned but as time when on and if he got a regular run in the team that would come on, Dom was better than one on one tackles than josh.
Also remember when dom got a first look in the team josh had been a first team regular for 3-4 years before dom got his injury as well, I can remember him and Bateman carried us one season(can’t quite remember which one).
If dom hadn’t of got badly injured he would be the first name on the team sheet and he would be playing for England now.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

In his last season with us Josh played arguably the best RL of his career resulting in his last GF win, I personally thought he was outstanding at the business end of that season!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:In his last season with us Josh played arguably the best RL of his career resulting in his last GF win, I personally thought he was outstanding at the business end of that season!
As someone mentioned on this thread or that other one, there was definitely some issue with Wane. It was only once he secured his move away that his form came back.
To be fair he didn't exactly help himself with his attitude and pissed off a lot of supporters.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Josie's friend wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:In his last season with us Josh played arguably the best RL of his career resulting in his last GF win, I personally thought he was outstanding at the business end of that season!
As someone mentioned on this thread or that other one, there was definitely some issue with Wane. It was only once he secured his move away that his form came back.
To be fair he didn't exactly help himself with his attitude and pissed off a lot of supporters.
I agree there was definitely a fallout with Wane at some point and his form was patchy at best in his last couple of seasons. However, the point I am making is that his form at the business end of his last season was fantastic and it would have put him head and shoulders above all our current wingers IF he could have come back and maintained it!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett