Josh Charnley....

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
chris1234

Josh Charnley....

Post by chris1234 »

Josh Charnley has signed for Warrington... Would have liked him back at Wigan, been told he desperatley wanted to make it work in union... but his heart is in league. My source is 100% before anyone asks. Good Luck to him....i suppose, could of been worse, he could of signed for Saints :roll:
RichardMathers @ MichaelJones86: don't bother coming then u nerd... or how's about u introduce yourself to me face to face you keyboard warrior?

MichaelJones86 @ RichardMathers: you would probably drop me, you drop everything else. Can't wait for Brett hodgson. Bellend
Josie's friend

Re: Josh Charnley....

Post by Josie's friend »

Ffs if he was available we should of got him, Charnley & Budgie with Davies as backup would of sorted us for years.
cumbria_warrior

Missed opportunity?

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Charnley signs for Warrington
Josie's friend

Re: Missed opportunity?

Post by Josie's friend »

Yes it is, presently Budgie is our best overall winger and Josh is better in every way. I'd of kept Davies for back up and got shut of Dom & Marshall.
jasonnlouise

Re: Josh Charnley....

Post by jasonnlouise »

Just seen this on facebook, union never suited him can't blame him for returning to league ,as for us resigning him we can't bring them all back and we've got some good young wingers,plus the club gets hammered every time they bring somebody back especially in a position we've got ample coverage
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

Just "Got Shut" of them?
Interesting.
Wonder what type of message that would send out.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

There is a growing body of opinion within the supporters that we should not be re-signing ex-players regardless (and I am in favour of that) but that is irrelevant because there is no indication this is now the clubs policy whatever some fans may think.

So keeping that in mind should the club have made a move for a winger of his ability?

It's an interesting question. Plenty have said regardless of his dubious off-field record we should sign Hardaker despite what that means for a player in the current squad because he's such a good player. So the fact we have four wingers already should not be the issue if Charnley is deemed better than any of ours.

But then I can never tell if that sort of ruthless attitude exists at Wigan or if a misguided sense of loyalty means we pass on the opportunity to sign better players.

My own view is Charnley would not come near Wigan with Wane in charge and Wane would not go near Charnley. There was clearly a fall out in his penultimate season with us following him being injured. He's just not a "kills it in training" Wane type of player.

JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

Never miss an opportunity to get a dig In even with no evidence to support
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

JUKESAYS wrote:Just "Got Shut" of them?
Interesting.
The right one. Given the dearth of good players available that given the opportunity Wigan will always take it to improve the squad.

Now it's a matter of debate if people and the club itself think Charnely would do that or not but if he would, then surely you would want the club to sign him?

The same applies in any position with any player. If the club passes on the chance to sign better players than what it has already out of some misguided sense of loyalty it is headed for mid table mediocrity. The players don't return this loyalty do they?

We are constantly wondering when Budgie (for example) will jet off back to Oz.

Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

JUKESAYS wrote:Just "Got Shut" of them?
Interesting.
The message would be we are improving the team, too many free rides at this club. The decline of standards goes hand in hand with accepting sub standard players, we should be aiming to keep only the best.