Thread to discuss watching The Superleague Show

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Thread to discuss watching The Superleague Show

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:43 pm Can you see Wigan Warriors there, Josie?
Nope! 😳
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I can only repeat the comment I made a long time ago: why are Wigan players so seldom featured on TSS? Are only Leigh represented less? The last one I remember was Matty Smith! I think that's poor from the club.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:43 am I can only repeat the comment I made a long time ago: why are Wigan players so seldom featured on TSS? Are only Leigh represented less? The last one I remember was Matty Smith! I think that's poor from the club.
How do you know the club have any choice in it?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:11 am
moto748 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:43 am I can only repeat the comment I made a long time ago: why are Wigan players so seldom featured on TSS? Are only Leigh represented less? The last one I remember was Matty Smith! I think that's poor from the club.
I can’t say any of the Wigan lads look media trained to me,so it’s no wonder they don’t invite anyone of them on
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:00 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:11 am
I can’t say any of the Wigan lads look media trained to me,so it’s no wonder they don’t invite anyone of them on
if i'm correct when its studio based, its filmed in yorkshire, so makes sense to invite players within short driving distance

and are we really bothered if our players arent on the show? it may be that none of them want to pursue media as a career after finishing playing, whereas Wilkin for example was quite a regular and looks to be following media as a post playing career

i actually like having current / recent players on as they give a different view on games to having the same commentators etc. i know their opinions are probably somewhat neutral whilst they are on there, but i do like seeing different faces and hearing different opinions