Saints v Catalan

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Saints v Catalan

Post by fozzieskem »

As for Leeds...dear god they need to very careful or they could get sucked into the million pound game they’re so poor with two useless “coaches” guiding them
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well the Catalans game may not have been the highest standard in the world, but it was champagne stuff compared to this Wire/Leeds contest: two deeply ordinary sides. Of which Wire are comfortably the best, obviously. About 60 errors between them after an hour? What would an NRL coach make of that?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

fozzieskem wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Funny how the ‘clown’ McNamara taught the ‘amazing’ Holbrook a coaching lesson!
I don’t get why people don’t rate McNamara as he gets older the better he and his teams become,credit to to the Catalan board for sticking with him earlier in the season all to easy to replace when things are going wrong.
So a team does the simple basics right and it makes the coach equivalent to Fergie or Monie or Gibson??

Catalans just played the game hard and fast in the ruck complimented by some decent kicking and saints had no answers. Good coaching? I think this highlights how poor so many coaches are how dumbed down the game in this country has gone
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

ian b wrote:
Rochdale Warrior wrote:Well that just confirms what the majority of fans I have spoken to say , why did we get rid of Micky Mc just when he had got his full fitness back after the World Cup , absolutely brilliant performance today
because he's shite according to a lot of people on here !!!!!
Well blame the owner and Radders then not fans who simply post their opinions as it was THEM, not a humble fan that released him once Catalans came in with a big offer after the World Cup for him

His head was "turned" and Wigan already had players wanting away (Sutton) and didn't want too much disruption attempting to keep someone who wanted to move on
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’ve never been a fan of McNamara and when he got appointed Catalan coach the first thing I said was that’s then going down, or in relegation style at least.
Well done Steve Mac
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Funny how the ‘clown’ McNamara taught the ‘amazing’ Holbrook a coaching lesson!
I don’t get why people don’t rate McNamara as he gets older the better he and his teams become,credit to to the Catalan board for sticking with him earlier in the season all to easy to replace when things are going wrong.
So a team does the simple basics right and it makes the coach equivalent to Fergie or Monie or Gibson??

Catalans just played the game hard and fast in the ruck complimented by some decent kicking and saints had no answers. Good coaching? I think this highlights how poor so many coaches are how dumbed down the game in this country has gone
No ones claimed McNamara is the best coach around just better than everyone was claiming.

However Catalan like wire last week have worked out how to stop Saints playing and it worked,that isnt dumb rugby thats good tactics.

Be intresting to see if the other teams in the 8s have taken note

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
ian b wrote:
Rochdale Warrior wrote:Well that just confirms what the majority of fans I have spoken to say , why did we get rid of Micky Mc just when he had got his full fitness back after the World Cup , absolutely brilliant performance today
because he's shite according to a lot of people on here !!!!!
Well blame the owner and Radders then not fans who simply post their opinions as it was THEM, not a humble fan that released him once Catalans came in with a big offer after the World Cup for him

His head was "turned" and Wigan already had players wanting away (Sutton) and didn't want too much disruption attempting to keep someone who wanted to move on
Wasnt it micky mac who got told he wasnt in the future plans. He comments in the news report didnt read like someone who had had their head turned
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
SJ

Post by SJ »

ian.birchall wrote:How come the BBC can use Tulsen Tollet at todays semis?
He works for the BBC World Service Ian
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

My mate spoke with Bird and Moa after the game last week. Bird said that he thought the Saints pack was soft and Moa said Micky had turned the club around, his defence being awesome and his vision and attack first class. By the way Moa said he would like to play for Wigan next season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:

....or maybe simply McNamara is a better coach than he is given credit for!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett