hemmings

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Re: hemmings

Post by Firestarter »

Best thing was how he mentioned barba leaving at the end ov the season already affecting saints...... nothing anout all our injured players........ one biased saints git who knows nothing about the game....... yes he is a closet saints fan who used to support widnes until they went s##t
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote:I've always said that one of the best things about going to the games is that you don't have have listen to his drivel in the TV!
He does talk drivel but to be fair so does Bill Arthur,we must be careful what we wish for as ole Eddie must be nearing pension age now,(I suspect he will retire at the end of the tv deal) who replaces him?

But yes going to the match is a bonus of not having to listen to sky’s poor selection of panelist’s
BriH

Post by BriH »

Thank God I can here the commentary on Wish FM!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

If they had Vossy, or someone like him, with good humour and enthusiasm for the game commentating, they might get a bigger audience.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

BriH wrote:Thank God I can here the commentary on Wish FM!
Some don't care for Joe Mills, but I like him myself; I'd much rather listen to him than the Sky crew.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Firestarter wrote:Best thing was how he mentioned barba leaving at the end ov the season already affecting saints...... nothing anout all our injured players........ one biased saints git who knows nothing about the game....... yes he is a closet saints fan who used to support widnes until they went s##t
Don"t think so. Go back far enough and you would find he bleeds primrose and blue.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

ian.birchall wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Best thing was how he mentioned barba leaving at the end ov the season already affecting saints...... nothing anout all our injured players........ one biased saints git who knows nothing about the game....... yes he is a closet saints fan who used to support widnes until they went s##t
Don"t think so. Go back far enough and you would find he bleeds primrose and blue.
it wouldnt suprise me either but ive personally seen him supporting saints
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Fickle supporters are rife in RL.
One guy I used to know socially was a bottom ender from Billinge, scum fan through and through.
Hadn't seen him for a while and saw him at a test match at Wembley in the 90's when GB played the Aussies. Needless to say he was resplendent in his green and gold and highly embarrassed after I give him a tongue lashing!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Fickle supporters are rife in RL.
One guy I used to know socially was a bottom ender from Billinge, scum fan through and through.
Hadn't seen him for a while and saw him at a test match at Wembley in the 90's when GB played the Aussies. Needless to say he was resplendent in his green and gold and highly embarrassed after I give him a tongue lashing!!
Fickle ? Possibly. But some people will go to any distance to get away from cretins who refer too them as "scum". Admittedly Australia is a long way to go but the Rugby is better as is the weather. :cool:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

SJ wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Fickle supporters are rife in RL.
Fickle ? Possibly. But some people will go to any distance to get away from cretins who refer too them as "scum". Admittedly Australia is a long way to go but the Rugby is better as is the weather. :cool:
Why comment on something you haven't a clue about?
St Helens refer to Wigan fans as interbred scum and he's a Saints fan! So a respond in kind! Furthermore he's of full English parent and grand parentage which in my mind would be rather a stupid thing to do to wear the oppositions colours against your own country?
Now I'm sorry if that makes me a cretin but you may need to examine your own state of mind rather than just having a pop because I get up your nose and you can't sneeze it away!! :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield