Women’s Super League Grand Final to be staged in Manchester

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Women’s Super League Grand Final to be staged in Manchester

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Women’s Super League Grand Final to be staged in Manchester

Post by Caboosegg »

Missed opportunity in my opinion here. They should of done it at old trafford same day with a 1-2 hours between the end of the match and the start of the grand final.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote:Missed opportunity in my opinion here. They should of done it at old trafford same day with a 1-2 hours between the end of the match and the start of the grand final.
We have been discussing this very thing!

The Women's final is being played on the opposite side of the city, which means by the time the game has finished, fans then have to make their way across the city to Old Trafford, probably missing the or most of the pre match entertainment!

Why they couldn't have had both games at Old Trafford is beyond me!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

josie andrews wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:Missed opportunity in my opinion here. They should of done it at old trafford same day with a 1-2 hours between the end of the match and the start of the grand final.
We have been discussing this very thing!

The Women's final is being played on the opposite side of the city, which means by the time the game has finished, fans then have to make their way across the city to Old Trafford, probably missing the or most of the pre match entertainment!

Why they couldn't have had both games at Old Trafford is beyond me!

Simple they will not allow many event on the pitch especially after Ferguson raised concerns of use on it. They have refused Union games on it for almost a decade. Even refused a RUWC game on it due to concerns on use and pitch recovery. Concerts now are few and very far between. Etihad has smaller capacity but gets a lot more as they have no concerns.

OT is too high so pitch recovery times is an issue for the staff. Especially now with Champions league games on it.

And i see a future very soon where the GF will not be at OT either. After 2020 GF will move i feel.

doc

Post by doc »

Wigan, Cas and Saints all have a chance of their teams being in both the GF and the Women's GF. If the same two teams were competing in both finals it could kill the attendance at the women's match.
markill

Post by markill »

It shouldn't be too much of an issue to get across/around Manchester in three hours. It's better than them playing it over the pennines I think. I plan on going to both whether we're in it or not. I went to the Women's Cup Final and it was a very entertaining game.

A better option for future years might be to put it at Salford and put on free transport for fans from Salford to Old Trafford.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Tbh and it won't be a popular opinion but they need to stop pushing the women's game on to the fans. I'm sick of seeing posts about it on the Wigan Warriors board and everything the official site does adds that Amanda woman.
U16's, U19's and reserve news all effect the real Wigan RL side, the women's team does not and them singing "we are Wigan warriors" after a win (When even the fans respect that this is just for players) is taking the piss.
I know this will come across badly but I support Wigan and all that makes this team, I don't care about the women's side in the same way I don't care about Wigan Athletic. It has nothing to do with sex, you can't just brand something Wigan and expect all fans to get excited.
I hope they do well and their sport grows but don't do it off the back of the team I actually love. The UFC/MMA is a shinning example of women becoming so skilled that the organisations had to add them to the main card. Nothing was forced.
Remember I said this won't be a popular opinion but the Grand Final is a special day out were the team along with the fans have gone through a lot to get there. It's not an opportunity to push another sport, when ours is in such a state.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Josie's friend wrote:
Tbh and it won't be a popular opinion but they need to stop pushing the women's game on to the fans. I'm sick of seeing posts about it on the Wigan Warriors board and everything the official site does adds that Amanda woman.
U16's, U19's and reserve news all effect the real Wigan RL side, the women's team does not and them singing "we are Wigan warriors" after a win (When even the fans respect that this is just for players) is taking the piss.
I know this will come across badly but I support Wigan and all that makes this team, I don't care about the women's side in the same way I don't care about Wigan Athletic. It has nothing to do with sex, you can't just brand something Wigan and expect all fans to get excited.
I hope they do well and their sport grows but don't do it off the back of the team I actually love. The UFC/MMA is a shinning example of women becoming so skilled that the organisations had to add them to the main card. Nothing was forced.
Remember I said this won't be a popular opinion but the Grand Final is a special day out were the team along with the fans have gone through a lot to get there. It's not an opportunity to push another sport, when ours is in such a state.
It isn't a different sport though is it? It's still rugby league.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Josie's friend wrote: Tbh and it won't be a popular opinion but they need to stop pushing the women's game on to the fans. I'm sick of seeing posts about it on the Wigan Warriors board and everything the official site does adds that Amanda woman.
Sorry you feel this way about the Women's game. To say that Wigan only started a Women's team right at the end of last year, they have done extremely well against teams that have had teams for several years.

And, "that Amanda woman" is the only woman to hold a first class Coaching Badge which many men in the game have yet to achieve. She has done an incredible job.

As to news regarding the Wigan Warriors Women's on this board, they have every right to be on here, it is, after all, about everything to do with Wigan Warriors!

It is a Fans site to discuss everything to do with Wigan Warriors RL & RL in general.

I fought hard to keep this board open, asking & begging Mike not to close it down just over two years ago. So if any news generates opinions, debates & arguments, just like this, I will continue, & hope others do also, post news regarding anything Wigan Warriors & Rugby League ????????????⚪️
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Well said Josie.