MOS

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jaws1

MOS

Post by jaws1 »

Ben Barba
josie andrews

Re: MOS

Post by josie andrews »

What a load of ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

He even wants Warrington to win GF F#### Off home
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

His name was on the trophy before the season had even started
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Poor result, Bateman has been the most consistent over the season and fully deserved to win but not to be.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The players vote so they have spoken and I certainly don’t need to know who voted for who Jesus wept who cares.

Needs to be a better system though little doubt Barba was on fire till may but after that well we all know he wasn’t the same,for me it should be on consistency but I don’t matter
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

NRL system is better very rarely get shockers

here its very rarely correct
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I do think one of the biggest issues with our award is the name

"Man of Steel"

its an issue because it creates an image straight away of a tough player, so i think flair players often get moaned at if they win. Im not saying Babra is the correct win but Bateman and Roby both are more synonyms with the title of the award.

It should be called the steve prescott award or player of the year, calling it Man of Steel for me creates an expectation of the player
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:NRL system is better very rarely get shockers

here its very rarely correct
Agreed
BriH

Post by BriH »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I do think one of the biggest issues with our award is the name

"Man of Steel"

its an issue because it creates an image straight away of a tough player, so i think flair players often get moaned at if they win. Im not saying Babra is the correct win but Bateman and Roby both are more synonyms with the title of the award.

It should be called the steve prescott award or player of the year, calling it Man of Steel for me creates an expectation of the player
Agreed. And therefore it should have been John Bateman. Jamie Peacock endorsed JB on the BBC highlights of the 2 semis.