MICHAEL MONAGHAN LEAVES WAKEFIELD TRINITY

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

MICHAEL MONAGHAN LEAVES WAKEFIELD TRINITY

Post by josie andrews »

Wakefield Trinity have confirmed the departure of Assistant Coach, Michael Monaghan.

Monaghan, 38, joined Trinity back in January to take on the role of Assistant Coach after making the move from his role as Assistant Coach at Catalans Dragons.

The Australian has made the decision to move back home to Australia after seven years in the UK and two years in France.

Monaghan came to England back in 2008 when he signed for Warrington Wolves from Manly Sea Eagles. After six years of playing in the Betfred Super League, he made the decision to retire and take on the role of Assistant Coach over at Catalans Dragons.

Michael Monaghan said, “I have loved my time here at Wakefield, I am sad to be leaving but my wife has been offered a job over in Australia. We sat down as a family and we realised that is would be the perfect time to return home.

“It is weird, if you had asked me at the start of the season if I would be staying at Wakefield for the next few seasons then I would have jumped at the chance but circumstances change. I will miss it here in England, I have had a fantastic career here.

“Wakefield are a great Club and everyone has been amazing. It has been a real eye opener for me, to have been at Warrington and Catalans who can bring in any player and who have big grounds to come to Wakefield and see what an exceptional job the coaching staff, players and the Club as a whole do is fantastic to see and it is great to see that the competition now takes notice of this.”

Head Coach Chris Chester commented, “It has been a pleasure working with Michael Monaghan over the last 12 months. He has added a lot of expertise following his successful playing and coaching career in the Super League.

Myself, the rest of the staff and playing group have learnt a lot off Mick during his time here at Wakefield, he has been a great guy to work with and will be missed. We wish Michael and his young family all the best in their new chapter back home in Australia.”

Everyone at Wakefield Trinity would like to wish Michael Monaghan the best of luck for the future.

http://www.rugby-league.com/superleague ... d-trinity-
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan