Re: Can we afford him

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

a class act this lad but would cost way to much
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

doc

Post by doc »

Sadly I would say no due to the cap. We would have to release too many squad players and bearing in mind our injury situation over the last couple of years we can't afford to lose them. Shame, as even if we had someone with a big wedge of money to sponsor him under the current regulations we still couldn't sign him. He would easily put an extra 2000 on the gate and increase attendances everywhere he played but the cap stops you speculating to accumulate.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Get his missies selling the golden gamble that can offset half his wages easily????
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

We easily can afford him with marquee status. Problem is we do not generate a revenue to actual pay him unless someone stumps up more money in a team that is losing money.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

It would be worth it even if it was for just one season
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Get rid of Hardaker for Shaun Johnson.

From what I’ve been told today from some Leeds fans, if it is true, I’m sorry I don’t want him anywhere near Wigan never mind our team ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote:Get rid of Hardaker for Shaun Johnson.

From what I’ve been told today from some Leeds fans, if it is true, I’m sorry I don’t want him anywhere near Wigan never mind our team ????
Sadly Josie I feel our glorious leader and benefactor doesn't feel the same way about Mr Hardaker
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:

Sadly Josie I feel our glorious leader and benefactor doesn't feel the same way about Mr Hardaker
Is that the same 'glorious leader' that has brought us so much success during his 10 year tenure?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:

Is that the same 'glorious leader' that has brought us so much success during his 10 year tenure?
I like Mr Lenegan very much, & cannot thank him enough for how much he has spent & done for our club.

Hardaker is an amazing player, I just wish he would sort himself out.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:

And he’s not open to criticism of any kind?