It’s what you dream of as a kid; to get that first cap.” – Greenwood

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

It’s what you dream of as a kid; to get that first cap.” – Greenwood

Post by josie andrews »

Joe Greenwood still hasn’t digested the fact he’s making his debut for England on Sunday in the final Test against the Kiwis at Elland Road.

With George Burgess banned for four matches for an eye gouge on New Zealand’s captain Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Joe Greenwood has been called into action by Wayne Bennett and Greenwood is ready to seize his chance.

“It’s part of sport when injuries come along and we’ve got a ban as well for George,” said Greenwood.

“You have to take the opportunities when they come. I never thought it would come so soon.

“I got the call from him (Bennett) on Tuesday, it didn’t sink in, it still hasn’t now, but it probably will do on Sunday when you go into the changing rooms and listen to that atmosphere.

“I’m over the moon, it’s what you dream of as a kid; to get that first cap. To do that with the personnel we’ve got in the team, it’s massive.

“I’ll have a few nerves. I’ll get stuck in when I come on the pitch; a first carry or first tackle, whatever it is, then you’re in the game.

Despite England having the series in the bag, Greenwood and his English teammates aren’t letting their guard down.

“On paper, we’ve won the series but we want to go for that whitewash,’ Greenwood continued.

“None of the lads have let their guard down, they’re still training hard.

http://www.totalrl.com/its-what-you-dre ... greenwood/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan