Evidence of north-western big clubs' power over Super League with Magic Weekend move

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Evidence of north-western big clubs' power over Super League with Magic...

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote:I would have much prefered Manchester again but hey ho.
But what a load of rubbish its like Hertherington wrote it.

Just as many Yorkshire teams in SL but blame the 3 local ones? It forgets that this so called power grab was every club in SL but leeds not just Saints/Wigan/warrington.

I dislike Liverpool myself however it has so much to offer as a city for traveling fans that it cannot be considered a bad move

Liverpool is my place of choice to go to concerts,theater etc it is a great town but Anfield isn't as a good a choice for convenience as Cardiff,Newcastle are coupled to that add in the almost zero legroom, yet another meeting of Warrington it doesn't make it a must day out, for me at least.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Criticism of Anfield as the venue is fair enough. Timing the fixture when the marathon is on is just par for the course with RL these days. Ineptitude has not been completely banished with the new regime it seems.

However neither of these things equate to the conspiracy theory put forward by the articles author that this is confirmation of a power grab by Wigan/Saints/Wire.

Just looks like sensationalist clickbait claptrap based on zero hard evidence.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:I read a great post a few weeks ago

"When i talk to people within rugby union i feel enthused however when i speak to people within Rugby League i want to call the samaritans"

Never a truer word spoke in Jest at this moment in time

A good post and comment, I like it.

Wish I didn't !!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:I read a great post a few weeks ago

"When i talk to people within rugby union i feel enthused however when i speak to people within Rugby League i want to call the samaritans"

Never a truer word spoke in Jest at this moment in time
This is so true.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Personally im really looking forward to it, i really like Liverpool.

Just on the crime aspect Manchester for those mentioning it scores worse than liverpool for Crime rates

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/compare_ci ... =Liverpool

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide. ... your-city/
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure