NRL's Valentine Holmes looking to shift to NFL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

NRL's Valentine Holmes looking to shift to NFL

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Re: NRL's Valentine Holmes looking to shift to NFL

Post by moto748 »

Crazy.

Did Jarryd Hayne die in vain? :roll: :lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

How funny would it be if the NFL started cherry picking the best from the NRL
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote:How funny would it be if the NFL started cherry picking the best from the NRL

Hilarious. But fortunately, not likely.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

moto748 wrote:
medlocke wrote:How funny would it be if the NFL started cherry picking the best from the NRL

Hilarious. But fortunately, not likely.
Why fortunately?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Can't speak for Moto, Meds, but why should we glorify any weakening of the NRL.

As the world power in our game, we as a sport need the teeth of the NRL to hold off threats from all other sport. Their strength has powered RL way ahesd of ru in the southern hemisphere, and empowered the national teams like Tonga, PNG, Fiji and Samoa.

You only have to look at Tonga ru's result this weekend to realise top players there are playing League and exciting the fans.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Nezza Faz wrote:Can't speak for Moto, Meds, but why should we glorify any weakening of the NRL.

As the world power in our game, we as a sport need the teeth of the NRL to hold off threats from all other sport. Their strength has powered RL way ahesd of ru in the southern hemisphere, and empowered the national teams like Tonga, PNG, Fiji and Samoa.

You only have to look at Tonga ru's result this weekend to realise top players there are playing League and exciting the fans.
I guess you are one of these fans that worship the NRL and the godlike players in the Green and Gold, What have they ever done for the game over here?, They are only bothered about the game in their own part of the hemisphere, Maybe if somebody started cherry picking their best talents then they might think twice doing it to us though i doubt that would happen as they see us as being no better than their own
Intrust Super Premiership
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

What do you want the NRL to do over here, Meds.

And yes, I enjoy watching top RL, wherever it comes from. Take it, you don't ? Or that you'll be at the DW for the Roosters game ?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Nezza Faz wrote:What do you want the NRL to do over here, Meds.

And yes, I enjoy watching top RL, wherever it comes from. Take it, you don't ? Or that you'll be at the DW for the Roosters game ?
Yes I do enjoy watching top RL but i don't worship them like some fans do. The NRL is not the be all and end all.

I'm sure if heads where put together then they could come up with ideas on how the NRL could be more friendlier to SL and vice versa, Why can't clubs link up and swap several youngsters each year, give both sets the experience of playing overseas

I remember when we got Nick Graham on loan from the Sharks it was a great help, why can't we have more loans for SL clubs

Apart from the WC games and the odd international they don't really bother with the UK game, look how they reacted to Makinsons Golden Boot, it was disgusting.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan