NRL's Valentine Holmes looking to shift to NFL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Nezza Faz

Re: NRL's Valentine Holmes looking to shift to NFL

Post by Nezza Faz »

Re Medlocke (above) :-
Apart from the WC games and the odd international they don't really bother with the UK game, look how they reacted to Makinsons Golden Boot, it was disgusting

"They", Meds were TWO journalists (G.Alexander/B.Fittler) and was rightly defended by Wayne Bennett (and other Aussie media people).
And remember, the Golden Boot award is an international award, made collectively including Australian/Kiwi journalists and representatives.
About your first point above, what does SL do to bother about the NRL game ? I'm a firm believer that the game in the UK has to look after itself, it can't expect "help" from a nation 12,000 miles remote.
Does England ru help Aussie ru, I don't think so.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

An Australian is certainly helping our National Game!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Nezza Faz wrote:Can't speak for Moto,

But in this case you can. I agree with all you said.

Nezza Faz wrote:
Meds, but why should we glorify any weakening of the NRL.

As the world power in our game, we as a sport need the teeth of the NRL to hold off threats from all other sport. Their strength has powered RL way ahead of ru in the southern hemisphere, and empowered the national teams like Tonga, PNG, Fiji and Samoa.

You only have to look at Tonga ru's result this weekend to realise top players there are playing League and exciting the fans.
I would like the NRL and Aussie authorities to do a bit more to support the game in the Northern Hemisphere, (but isn't a Kangaroos tour planned?) but nevertheless I recognise what they do do and the value of the sport they produce. Ill-fortune for the NRL would only translate into even worse news for the English game.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Nezza Faz wrote:Re Medlocke (above) :-
Apart from the WC games and the odd international they don't really bother with the UK game, look how they reacted to Makinsons Golden Boot, it was disgusting

"They", Meds were TWO journalists (G.Alexander/B.Fittler) and was rightly defended by Wayne Bennett (and other Aussie media people).
And remember, the Golden Boot award is an international award, made collectively including Australian/Kiwi journalists and representatives.
About your first point above, what does SL do to bother about the NRL game ? I'm a firm believer that the game in the UK has to look after itself, it can't expect "help" from a nation 12,000 miles remote.
Does England ru help Aussie ru, I don't think so.
I agree completely, good post.