GARETH CARVELL JOINS COACHING STAFF

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

GARETH CARVELL JOINS COACHING STAFF

Post by josie andrews »

BRADFORD BULLS ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT FORMER CHALLENGE CUP WINNER, GARRETH CARVELL HAS JOINED THE COACHING STAFF WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT AHEAD OF THE 2019 SEASON.

The former England International will bring a wealth of knowledge to the Bradford Bulls and aid John Kear through the Betfred Championship campaign.

Kear and Carvell both have a flourishing working relationship after a successful joint tenure at Hull FC, where Carvell was a player and Kear a crucial cog within the coaching staff, as well as on the international stage with Wales.

Head coach John Kear commented on the Carvell coup: “We are really pleased. We have greater commitments with the numbers of teams that we are taking on board with a regular basis this year.

“Leigh Beattie and Mark Dunning are doing great jobs, but they are overworked, and I acknowledge that. So, we have recruited more personnel to look after the extra games and have an input on the first team.

“There will be a restructure of the coaching staff. There will be three assistants to myself, so there is a leg-up for Mark who did a great job last year.

“As well as being assistant coach to myself, they will also have specific responsivities for other teams. Garreth will lead the reserves, and Leigh and Mark will remain in control of their respective academy teams.

“Mark will also have some extra responsibility by doing some of the analysis of the opposition and our own work.

“Garreth has been my assistant at Wales for the last five years, so I know exactly what he does bring to the group. I know what I can tip him off on and what I can ask him to have a certain word with people about.

“He has a great pedigree, he is a great coach and he has worked well at Wales with myself. He wanted the opportunity with us, we’ve given him one and I feel that he will seize it with us.

“I’ve got three outstanding coaches working with me in the performance department.”

http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/ ... hing-staff
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Re: GARETH CARVELL JOINS COACHING STAFF

Post by endoman »

For those of us that browse the forum by looking at Active Topics that has caused me to lose most of a pint of beer.