BBC TO BROADCAST RED STAR BELGRADE’S CHALLENGE CUP OPENER

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

BBC TO BROADCAST RED STAR BELGRADE’S CHALLENGE CUP OPENER

Post by josie andrews »

The 2019 Challenge Cup first round fixture between Millom and Red Star Belgrade at Coronation Field on Sunday, January 27 (KO 1.30pm) is to be live streamed on the BBC Sport website.

Formed in 1873, Cumbrian side Millom are the oldest amateur rugby league club in the world and will come head to head with Serbian Champions Red Star Belgrade who will launch their first Challenge Cup venture in this year’s competition.

In 2018, Millom defeated Strathmore Silverbacks and Bradford Dudley Hill to reach Round 3 of the competition, where they came head to head with NCL side Pilkington Recs.

Showcasing the game from grass roots level upwards, streamed games featuring the likes of York City Knights v Catalans Dragons and Rochdale Mayfield v Crosfields attracted over 92,000 viewers last year.

Red Star supporters who can’t make the trip to Cumbria will also be able to watch the game across the world via the BBC Sport website.

BBC Sport and the Rugby Football League will live stream one game from each of the first five rounds of the 2019 Challenge Cup. When the competition reaches the sixth round and beyond, matches will be screened on BBC1 and BBC2 over each weekend.

Tickets for the 2019 Challenge Cup final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday, August 25 can be purchased by calling the Rugby League Ticket Office on 0844 856 1113 or by visiting www.rugby-league.com/tickets

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/bbc-to-b ... ner-18703/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wormburner

Re: BBC TO BROADCAST RED STAR BELGRADE’S CHALLENGE CUP OPENER

Post by Wormburner »

Will be a good game, History in the making, A good day will be had by all attending, I shall be there with bells on :D
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Just been out for my daily wander, had a walk round by the rugby and couldn't believe the wind, was getting blown all over the shop, we are used to very strong winds in Millom but this was something else, It took me 40 minutes to do a 30 minute walk, It's going to be an interesting game, can't wait, If anyones watching, I'll be the one leaning on the wall :D
doc

Post by doc »

Anyone else having a problem with the stream?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

You need to reload your stream 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Good game and a great win for Millom, Back home in the warmth now with the hallway to paint before tea :D
doc

Post by doc »

Seemed to be a problem with the link from the BBC RL page that would not recognise my login details. Finally managed to get it by logging in from iPlayer.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

doc wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:17 pm Seemed to be a problem with the link from the BBC RL page that would not recognise my login details. Finally managed to get it by logging in from iPlayer.
Did I see you sneaking out early? The Wigan Way😀
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Millom must have one of the most picturesque grounds in world rugby. Stunning scenery. One of the best things about the BBC streaming the early stages of the Challenge Cup is seeing these historic amateur sides. The amateur game is still the heart of rugby league.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

EagleEyePie wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:02 pm Millom must have one of the most picturesque grounds in world rugby. Stunning scenery. One of the best things about the BBC streaming the early stages of the Challenge Cup is seeing these historic amateur sides. The amateur game is still the heart of rugby league.
It sure is and it's only a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach which has a spectacular view of the Lakeland mountains.