Wire's Kevin Brown "out for season"

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
wall_of_voodoo

Wire's Kevin Brown "out for season"

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/47022230
Warrington may ask the Rugby Football League for salary cap dispensation, as Castleford did when England scrum-half Luke Gale suffered a similar injury earlier this month.
I seriously do not like this "dispensation". Apparently Wire were the first club to receive it for Ben Harrison who wasn't out injured as long as suspected, wire attempted to re-register him but were refused permission by the RFL so he signed for Wakey.

Whilst I can see the point when Canberra got Josh Hodgsons wages off because he was hurt on international duty, this is NOT the same and should be stopped. I mean it's not like Wire even want a reserve side but can afford two marquees but yet seemingly want this "dispensation".

Just ask their accountant to bend he cap like he has been for the last few years - we as fans know it must be going on so might as well make it obvious :x
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
EagleEyePie

Re: Wire's Kevin Brown "out for season"

Post by EagleEyePie »

I can see it from both sides. If George Williams got the same injury in pre-season I think most of our fans would be hoping we could get some dispensation on the salary cap to bring in a replacement because we'd have lost a key player and would be unable to replace them due to cap restraints.

However, it seems a bit illogical to be saying that an injury just before the start of a season means you can get dispensation but an injury in the first second of the opening game gets you nothing.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Rather than leaving it open to interpretation the RFL/Super League should have a hard and fast rule.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I don’t have an issue so long as it happens in the pre season a nasty injury such as an Achilles isn’t going to heal fast and as long the player concerned makes no appearance then why worry?

If it where to happen of course during the season then tough it’s part of the game,I think though on another subject the more marquee players allowed the less useful the cap is and should be done away with,the argument that it stops clubs over spending doesn’t really hold up as clubs still struggling its time to abolish it.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Was brown even going to get a game this year?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think that the Grand Final loss would be his last game in rugby. 34 now? Out for a year that may be it for Kev I fear
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame