ROBY EXTENDS LONG ASSOCIATION WITH ST HELENS

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

ROBY EXTENDS LONG ASSOCIATION WITH ST HELENS

Post by josie andrews »

ST HELENS CAPTAIN JAMES ROBY WILL COMPLETE A 20-YEAR CAREER WITH HIS HOMETOWN CLUB AFTER SIGNING A NEW CONTRACT THAT TAKES HIM TO THE END OF 2021.

The 33-year-old England hooker, who signed for Saints in 2002, was already contracted to the end of 2019 and chairman Eamonn McManus is delighted he has extended his term for another two years.

“James has already established himself as one of the all-time greats of St Helens and of Super League,” said McManus.

“He is as fit and as motivated as he has ever been and I have no doubt that he will lead our club with continuing distinction over the next three seasons.

“We are more than fortunate to have had James at St Helens for the last dozen years and it’s fantastic news that he’s dedicated himself to us and to Super League for another three.”

Roby missed England’s autumn internationals last season in order to undergo shoulder surgery but is fit to lead his club in Thursday’s opening match of the new Betfred Super League season against Wigan at the Totally Wicked Stadium.

He has made 427 appearances for Saints since making his debut in 2004 and scored 101 tries.

Roby, a former Man Of Steel who was shortlisted for the 2019 award, said: “I would like to thank my family, everyone at the club including Justin Holbrook, Mike Rush and Eamonn McManus as well as all the previous coaches who I have played under in my career.

“I have enjoyed many great years at the club and I will be doing all I can to bring more trophies in 2019 and beyond.”

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/54 ... -st-helens
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan