SCOTT DUREAU'S FRESH CANCER BATTLE

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

SCOTT DUREAU'S FRESH CANCER BATTLE

Post by josie andrews »

Newcastle Knight Scott Dureau is undergoing chemotherapy after a brain tumour was found to have spread to his liver, the former player revealed tonight.

“I had surgery in 2014 to remove a brain tumour and have been going for regular scans ever since,” Dureau explained.

“In November 2018, I saw surgeon Charlie Teo for a routine check-up and it was discovered that the tumour had returned.

“I had surgery and was given the all clear but unfortunately, it has spread to my liver which is why I’m having chemotherapy at the moment.”

Knights CEO Phil Gardner said Dureau and his family have the full support of the club behind him.

“Scott has been courageous throughout this process,” Gardner said. “He was a courageous player on the field and has displayed those same qualities away from it.

“We will support him and his family as best we can.”

Elite Pathways Development Coach for the Knights, Dureau has been inundated with support, from the players to the staff, he is grateful for the love he and his family continue to receive.

“Phil Gardner has given me and my family massive support,” Dureau said. “Nathan Brown and Dean Noonan have also been unbelievable.

“The club has backed me all the way through this and kept in constant contact with myself and family to help us through this pretty tough time.”

https://www.insidesport.com.au/news/sco ... tle-518737
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan