Sam Tomkins

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
pedro

Re: Sam Tomkins

Post by pedro »

medlocke wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:27 pm
pedro wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:04 pm shit on the club? .....the club in effect released him twice
Released him twice after he decided he wanted to play elsewhere for more money, Did it twice not once, In my eyes he shit on the club, Sorry to burst yours and others Sam Tomkins bubble but he he only gives a shit about money, ps he also shit on the NZ Warriors
we didnt offer him a contract the he signed for Cats, we then came in with a contract but was too late. HArdly shitting on the club eh. We sold him to NZW didnt we??
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:51 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:27 pm
pedro wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:04 pm shit on the club? .....the club in effect released him twice
Released him twice after he decided he wanted to play elsewhere for more money, Did it twice not once, In my eyes he shit on the club, Sorry to burst yours and others Sam Tomkins bubble but he he only gives a shit about money, ps he also shit on the NZ Warriors
we didnt offer him a contract the he signed for Cats, we then came in with a contract but was too late. HArdly shitting on the club eh. We sold him to NZW didnt we??
Look back to both times when he left, he gets slagged off left right and center by all and sundry on here for shitting on the club and the fans
pedro

Post by pedro »

well he didnt get slagged off did he, they wished him well when he went to Aus and they wished him well and were annoyed with the club for not extending his contract the second time.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He deffo got slagged off
pedro

Post by pedro »

only by you
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

By several, many of which don't use the site anymore
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

I wouldn't have Tomkins back. I find it extremely aggrevating that he never runs the ball in from fullback and only ever looks interested when it's near his opponents line for a potential glory run. Yes he is a classy player, but only when he wants to be, he is also a lazy player.

Sams refusal or unhappiness of playing in the halves even though it would benefit the team also stinks, no one player should be bigger than the team and for mine, Sam thinks he is.

Just my opinion of course.

Matt
jobo

Post by jobo »

adiddy wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:56 am I wouldn't have Tomkins back. I find it extremely aggrevating that he never runs the ball in from fullback and only ever looks interested when it's near his opponents line for a potential glory run. Yes he is a classy player, but only when he wants to be, he is also a lazy player.

Sams refusal or unhappiness of playing in the halves even though it would benefit the team also stinks, no one player should be bigger than the team and for mine, Sam thinks he is.

Just my opinion of course.

Matt
An opinion is fair enough but is it based on fact or perception?

The rumour about him refusing to play in the halfs is very suspect.
The way I heard it was that it was discussed but then agreed that he play fullback. As it turned out, we won the GF with Tomkins playing a starring role.

As for not running the ball in, why would he? All that would do is give the opposition the chance to bury our teams key player.