Referee

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

Referee

Post by ddtftf »

Just watched St Helens and Leeds match and i was totally unbiased as i hate both teams, but the worst refereeing of a match i have never seen he was dreadful :o :o :o :o
jobo

Re: Referee

Post by jobo »

ddtftf wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:02 pm Just watched St Helens and Leeds match and i was totally unbiased as i hate both teams, but the worst refereeing of a match i have never seen he was dreadful :o :o :o :o
Leeds did themselves no favours but Hicks was poor.

Still, was a good game to watch though.
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

It's frustrating when mistakes are made at critical times in matches. I agree entirely with the Sky panel's comments that you can't go back and second guess every single incident. But in the 30 seconds allowed by the shot clock to form a scrum, then the video official has time to point out a howler.
With only 4 minutes Hicks gave Saints a scrum near their own line, when it clearly should have been Leeds. Whether they would have scored is not the point, they were denied the opportunity but a referee's error.

I felt much the same in the WCC, critical decisions at critical times robbed us of opportunity.

Previously I've felt Hicks was OK, but he seems to be losing his touch.
We've got Ben Thaler tomorrow, so let's hope he has a good game.
Stevethegas
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Disagree with the idiots on FB starting a petition to get Hicks sacked 😡

They’re human & make mistakes, 99% of the time when you watch the game back, the decisions are correct. Players have bad games as well.

There are three other officials on a televised game & four on a non televised one, so why aren’t they assisting the referee more?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan