CLUB CLAMP DOWN ON TICKETING ABUSE

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

CLUB CLAMP DOWN ON TICKETING ABUSE

Post by josie andrews »

Castleford Tigers would like to inform supporters of the following information regarding ticketing abuse.

The Tigers have made a strong start at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle so far this season, winning all three Betfred Super League home matches in 2019 and attracting an average attendance of over 8,000, but the club has become aware of a small section of fans behaving in an unacceptable manner.

This has mainly been in the form of supporters attempting to use last year’s season tickets in order to gain access to matches at The Jungle, or multiple fans attempting to use the same season ticket card on different turnstiles.

The club wishes to remind supporters that making multiple attempts to gain access with one season ticket at different entry points is fraud, whilst ensuing arguments with ticketing and ground safety staff is also causing delays for genuine fans attempting to get into the ground.

Whilst the club recognises that it is only a very small minority of supporters attempting this, it wishes to inform supporters that a zero-tolerance policy is now being adopted to ticketing fraud and the abuse of matchday staff at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle.

Therefore, anyone found attempting to enter the ground with a ticket that has already been scanned will be banned and any offending season ticket will be cancelled, starting from Friday’s game against St Helens (kick-off 7.45pm).

The club wishes to thank genuine supporters for their ongoing support, with attendances so far this year up over five per cent on the 2018 average.

Supporters with genuine issues regarding their season ticket cards or matchday tickets should visit the matchday ticket office at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle where staff will be happy to help with their queries

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/mobile ... hp?id=6295
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Re: CLUB CLAMP DOWN ON TICKETING ABUSE

Post by Mike »

Jeez, how can they have a system that lets people in on last years card? What do they do - look at it or something? Surely it gets run through some sort of computer system or whats the point of having a card system in the first place?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:24 pm Jeez, how can they have a system that lets people in on last years card? What do they do - look at it or something? Surely it gets run through some sort of computer system or whats the point of having a card system in the first place?
It worked in 2018 at the dw, i accidently scanned my old ST and it let me through.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:10 am
Mike wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:24 pm Jeez, how can they have a system that lets people in on last years card? What do they do - look at it or something? Surely it gets run through some sort of computer system or whats the point of having a card system in the first place?
It worked in 2018 at the dw, i accidently scanned my old ST and it let me through.

And you tell us now? :twisted: